Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 11:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
And that's who actually got arrested. Most of the time cops don't even show up to make the arrest when called in LA
Yeah exactly. The real numbers are much much higher. It's really hard to actually get caught for anything in L.A..police response time is so slow too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 11:17 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Wow, didn't know that the homeless commit that amount of crime in LA County.

I swear someone around here was trying to argue that they didn't commit more crimes than non-homeless people.

Hmmmmmm.
That's just LAPD territory...not even L.A County... The numbers for L.A county must be a lot higher.

I mean that many arrested for felonies? That's like over 10% of the homeless population..

No way the general population is committing that much crime.

Just more lies and misinformation from the homeless advocates.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:44 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Being homeless isn’t a crime .. but the homeless commit a lot of crime .

Some of the hardcore homeless advocates that happen to not live in L.A keep telling us the homeless don’t commit serious crime .

I would consider robbery , grand theft auto , aggravated assault and burglary serious crimes . Wouldn’t you .

6,400 homeless arrested for those crimes ? That’s a high percentage considering there’s about 55,000 homeless in L.A .
Wow!

We’ve been lied to over and over again by the homeless advocates that the homeless are all harmless .

The report said LAPD officers made 14,500 misdemeanor arrests of homeless people in 2017, a 10% jump from the year before. It attributed the increase in part to crackdowns on "quality of life" violations barring sleeping and storing personal property on sidewalks. Trespassing and nonviolent drug possession arrests also rose, the report said.
About 6,400 homeless people were arrested on felony charges, including robbery, grand theft auto, aggravated assault and burglary, the report said.

LAPD defends rising arrests of homeless people
And we won't hear from them either.

I have a lot of empathy for people who fall down on their luck, getting laid off twice in a span of 10 years I get it. Also don't mind buying someone who is a hungry a meal, no one should go hungry.

And no you can't just round up people who haven't committed a crime and put them out in the desert, the US did that during WW2 to Japanese Americans, a very shameful piece of US history.

However, when you see an 85 year old woman getting punched in the face and knocked to the ground, people getting attacked, etc. it needs to be addressed.

Maybe Mayor Snowflake is starting to get complaints from the NIMBYS who relected him, you know the ones who live in places like Sherman Oaks, because it's now impacting them as well?

Old 03-08-2018, 11:54 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Wow, didn't know that the homeless commit that amount of crime in LA County.

I swear someone around here was trying to argue that they didn't commit more crimes than non-homeless people.

Hmmmmmm.
Indeed, the undocumented resident lobby has been disingenuous about the matter -- they'd have us believe that undocumented residents commit fewer crimes than legal residents.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:12 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Indeed, the undocumented resident lobby has been disingenuous about the matter -- they'd have us believe that undocumented residents commit fewer crimes than legal residents.
I remember asking one of these illegal alien lobbyist about crime from illegal aliens and was told in a firm reply, "They do not commit more crimes than normal citizens."

Old 03-08-2018, 12:15 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You either have to have more or none at all. If there is none at all then local populations can take care of problems themselves. If you were to blow up a pipeline or sink a tanker from china you would be arrested and go to jail, but if there was no govt intervention at all then business would either tow the line or risk having their assets destroyed. We would be kind of like a 3rd world country.

With only some selective enforcement like we have now which insulates the ownership class you get neo-feudalism.

The only way you can get more social mobility in the modern era where prices of everything are inflated and there is no where to escape to, the labor market is saturated, no westward expansion, etc in a society filled with greedy vulture capitalists is to have very strict rules and enforcement with teeth so sharp that financial criminals start doing hard time, 20-30 year sentences.

None of the frame work is set up to even give people a chance, it was at one time with anti-trust laws, glass steagal, embargos with China, etc. We still have unfettered free trade where vultures can leverage slave labor or import the slave labor. They use monopolistic weight to erect strategic barriers to entry, etc.

I bet if we just fixed all of the trade issues and enforced anti monopolistic laws we would not really need any other govt intervention. But those are the key things the vultures use to extract wealth and they will fight tooth and nail to keep those things from being forced upon them. As long as people are stupid and docile they will get away with it.

The labor market has to be desaturated so buisness is forced to pay more to get people, the only way this can happen in a free market (not a global market) is with pseudo isolationism. Some very limited raw materials may need to come from else where but not much. In fact I am pretty sure we can mine every element we need in the USA. Canada is going to get interesting because they keep allowing 3rd worlders to flood their boarders without strict management, the USA needs to start threatening military action because it would be impossible to defend the 49th parallel from interlopers hopping across.
I agree with you on over-saturated labor markets. I'd say just enforce immigration laws, and you would solve a lot of the problem. But that's currently being stalled in congress by people that would rather amnesty the entirety of Mexico if it would get them votes.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
We’ll see Queen Hillary in prison first if either is going to prison .

Also orange tinged ? Why are liberals so skin tone obsessed?
oh I dunno maybe for the same reason that you are obsessed with Hillary

Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 PM

292 posts, read 569,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Because they don't want to work.
BZZZZZT

Do not ASS-U-ME, because when you ASS-U-ME, you make an ASS out of U and ME (though more U)

Old 03-08-2018, 01:32 PM

292 posts, read 569,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenext88 View Post
They should just be "deported" to one of the Channel Islands and be done with. They can be homeless there without being a burden to society. I bet that'd get them back into the workforce really quickly.
Why don't you go? This country can use less people with such a rotten attitude as yours.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
Criminals can work. These burglars caught on ring are all driving BMW and Mercedes. They're being lazy.

Stop defending criminals by saying they need jobs. Jobs are plentiful u just gotta work.
Are we talking criminals driving luxury cars or the homeless ,two entirely different demographics IMO. For the homeless if they dont want to work i cant see how you can force them to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles