Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 09:04 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,647,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Umm where did I mention homeless flying in on planes ? Plane is the only way to get to L.A?.. More putting words/txt into my mouth .
Yeah, there's a lot of that going around here -- Tulemutt wrongly attributes falsehoods to be all the time, such as a mendacious belief that all homeless people should be thrown out of helicopters or that I believe all homeless people are evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 09:05 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I cannot find a study that shows a significant part of L.A.'s homeless population are from elsewhere.

I suspect that the data collected by the article to which you linked was conducted in a parking lot and involved people living in their cars, not people living on the streets. And there's a significant difference between those two types of homeless people, as we natives appreciate but you do not since you live way up in some rural area and have no idea what life is actually like down here.
Lmfao ... come on man. Play.

“[You] suspect” ? “Suspect”? Based on what? THAT’S the BIG TOP question I’ve been asking.

Btw, what state license plates did those homeless cars sport, sport? You got a parking lot full of out of state plates? And gonna tell us the cops aren’t all over that?

Phbbbt. Come on dude ...

Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, there's a lot of that going around here -- Tulemutt wrongly attributes falsehoods to be all the time, such as a mendacious belief that all homeless people should be thrown out of helicopters or that I believe all homeless people are evil.
Lol. How many times I got to pull that old post of yours up to quote your words, bubba? You posted it. You can’t walk it back like your exalted hero D. J. Chump does when he lies. It’s in the internet ethers for all eternity.

And tell me what I attributed to you falsely besides that one that sticks in your craw so bad? Ya just did it again a couple posts back. What? What did I falsely attribute to you?

Your problem doesn’t start with me. It starts with the crap you post that you can’t back up with facts, brother.

Gaslighting me doesn’t work. I’m too good at this game.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:16 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times
Quote:
I cannot find a study that shows a significant part of L.A.'s homeless population are from elsewhere.
Exitus, come on. There have to have been at least 5 links to studies stating that the majority of homeless in L.A. are not from another area. Between this and the O.C. thread on this topic, the data has been posted several times by different people.

Including by one of the posters who was formerly homeless.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Exitus, come on. There have to have been at least 5 links to studies stating that the majority of homeless in L.A. are not from another area. Between this and the O.C. thread on this topic, the data has been posted several times by different people.

Including by one of the posters who was formerly homeless.
The reason Exitus can’t find a study to support his belief (that significant % of homeless are from elsewhere) is because ALL studies show what we have been telling him: most homeless are local.

And the reason he can’t tell us what’s different about LA’s homeless compared to elsewhere is ... homelessness is homelessness, wherever it’s found.

Case closed Exitus.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lmfao ... come on man. Play.

“[You] suspect” ? “Suspect”? Based on what? THAT’S the BIG TOP question I’ve been asking.

Btw, what state license plates did those homeless cars sport, sport? You got a parking lot full of out of state plates? And gonna tell us the cops aren’t all over that?

Phbbbt. Come on dude ...
I suspect based on my actually living here and using my good sense.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Lol. How many times I got to pull that old post of yours up to quote your words, bubba? You posted it. You can’t walk it back like your exalted hero D. J. Chump does when he lies. It’s in the internet ethers for all eternity.

And tell me what I attributed to you falsely besides that one that sticks in your craw so bad? Ya just did it again a couple posts back. What? What did I falsely attribute to you?

Your problem doesn’t start with me. It starts with the crap you post that you can’t back up with facts, brother.

Gaslighting me doesn’t work. I’m too good at this game.
I never stated that all homeless people are evil or that they should be thrown out of helicopters.

Who is gaslighting whom?

Old 10-21-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
The reason Exitus can’t find a study to support his belief (that significant % of homeless are from elsewhere) is because ALL studies show what we have been telling him: most homeless are local.

And the reason he can’t tell us what’s different about LA’s homeless compared to elsewhere is ... homelessness is homelessness, wherever it’s found.

Case closed Exitus.
It just got reopened, because those studies are probably conducted in church parking lots, etc. Come on out to L.A. and see all the crazies we have wandering the streets who were not here just a few years ago.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
It just got reopened, because those studies are probably conducted in church parking lots, etc. Come on out to L.A. and see all the crazies we have wandering the streets who were not here just a few years ago.
Yeah that’s one of the reasons I mention out of towners commenting on the homeless issue .
Locals know the problem has gotten much worse even over the past few years .

Old 10-22-2018, 05:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
CDs version of fake news i guess . When you can’t debate the issues , just resort to totally making stuff up .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles