Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 01:52 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

Will there be more development like Atlantic Time Square in Monterey Park, or Paseo Colorado in Pasadena?

Basically, commercial on the ground level, with apartments on top and parking in the basement. Seeing as space is a scarce, makes sense to start building up.

In NYC we have One Fulton Square, and the Skyview Center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljt1f0t9oqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUng2LGe_ds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 05:17 AM

626 posts, read 625,661 times
You know Paseo Colorado is pretty much a ghost town now right? I mean after Macy's left they couldn't get anybody to travel to that side of the outdoor mall and ended up knocking it down and building something there(who knows because it's been 2 years and still no actual building). The only things that do any kind of good business there is the cinemas and the high end restaurants.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:55 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
You know Paseo Colorado is pretty much a ghost town now right?
Living there must be nice, though....some fairly good reviews on Yelp. And if it were that bad, would they be charging those rental prices? The last time I shopped there, I couldn't find a place to park, it was so crowded.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM

7 posts, read 4,862 times
A 6 story building with a hotel, residential units, restaurants and retails stores are in the works on Paseo Colorado.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMom122 View Post
A 6 story building with a hotel, residential units, restaurants and retails stores are in the works on Paseo Colorado.

They already have had retail stores that went under, they have restaurants there as well. You act like this is something new going on but it's been there for a while and they had to think of something new after Macy's left. My wife and I went down there maybe a year ago and it was literally a ghost town down by DSW, while the other rundown by the Yardhouse was packed. Nobody was going down there because Macy's left and the other stores started to fold.

The apartments around their are nice for sure but I ain't paying those prices to live above a ghost town surrounded by Hobos. So good luck to them with a new hotel.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDCorp View Post
A hotel.
Thanks.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times
During the weekend Paseo Colorado is packed. I work close by and I walk around it during lunch. It's quiet, but when there's an event at the convention center, and again, on the weekends, Paseo Colorado is packed. Heck, a few weeks ago, I drove there and went underground to park, couldn't find a parking spot,wound up leaving very frustrated.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
How is that Great Maple Restaurant in the Paseo Colorado? I tried to go there for breakfast, but they only open for brunch on Sat and Sun. I thinking a name like Great Maple, they be breakfast place.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:01 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
My wife and I went down there maybe a year ago and it was literally a ghost town....Nobody was going down there because Macy's left and the other stores started to fold.
Macy's left because the Macy's on Lake Avenue is a larger volume store (and has been there a lot longer; Pasadena shoppers are very loyal). Just because a large retailer leaves a mall does not mean that the whole place is going under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles