Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 4,287 times

Advertisements

Hey,

So, I’m a straight male, in early 30s (no kids, never been married) who will be relocating to either Malibu or Laguna Beach (I know I’m posting this in the LA forum) late this year/early next year as we’re planning to open an office in California in one of those two locations.

As I probably am going to live in or close to those areas, I have a reasonable question:

What are the chances for each place to meet a straight, kids free, single female professional close to my age who wants to have kids and family?

thanks guys,

Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 01:39 PM

36 posts, read 43,205 times
Robert, I think you are more likely to find a good match through work, school, church, or other social activities and groups you enjoy than in a particular city. If you go by demographics you will find that Laguna Beach has a generally older population, therefore, decreasing your chances of meeting a single woman in your age group. However, of course, there are single women in Laguna Beach your age who may mostly hang out in Newport or Costa Mesa

Old 05-01-2018, 07:49 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
What is that ratio of men to women that is often touted here? Is it in favor of girls or boys, I cannot remember?

Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 PM

335 posts, read 356,268 times
Malibu is a quiet sleepy town. If I were a single guy in my 30s I wouldn't want to live there.

Laguna Beach would be better... I guess...

Old 05-01-2018, 11:15 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
What are the chances for each place to meet a straight, kids free, single female professional close to my age who wants to have kids and family?
If you do move to Laguna Beach, spend time in neighboring Aliso Viejo to meet single professional women. City-Data says that the population is 53% female vs 47% male.

Also, 55.7 % of the population is currently married. People in Aliso tend to be younger than those in Laguna Beach.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:17 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
I'm bored right now, so why not play match-maker?

If you're serious about meeting a single young professional woman in the Laguna Beach area, rent an apartment at Vantis or City Lights, because the area over there is absolutely swarming with young people because a lot of tech companies are there:

Vantis:
Vantis Apartments in Aliso Viejo | Aliso Viejo Apartments

City Lights:
City Lights in Aliso Viejo | Aliso Viejo Apartments

Buy a membership at Renaissance Club Sport Aliso Viejo/Laguna Beach:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...6kDWIQoioIfjAK

Get involved in various non-sport activities at Renaissance, such as wine and whiskey tasting, in addition to sports:
https://www.facebook.com/renaissance...052587/?type=3

Hang-out at the Stadium Brewing Company:
https://www.stadiumbrewing.com/

Join meetups of various descriptions such as art, theater, photography, hiking, foodies, that are either in or near Aliso:
https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeet...A&sort=default

This is just a start because you can also explore points north.

Last edited by pacific2; 05-02-2018 at 12:33 AM..

Old 05-02-2018, 01:54 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,605 times
Your experience in the dating scene will depend on how well you compare to the competition, which will include wealthy, physically fit guys. In Malibu, some will also be working in the entertainment industry.

If you're tall, fit, active, attractive, with a friendly, outgoing personality, you should do well. If you're short, plump, and introverted, not so much.

People often ask "What's the dating scene like" here or there. But to a large extent, we create our own "dating scene."

Old 05-03-2018, 05:28 PM

472 posts, read 325,152 times
Malibu is dead unless you go to Pepperdine University. Moonshadows once was a hip hangout on Thursday nights. Not sure that is still going on.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:42 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
There's nothing in either city. You'll have to go to adjacent areas. There are really very few young residents in Malibu besides Pepperdine students. They go out in Santa Monica.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 AM

662 posts, read 1,281,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
Hey,

So, I’m a straight male, in early 30s (no kids, never been married) who will be relocating to either Malibu or Laguna Beach (I know I’m posting this in the LA forum) late this year/early next year as we’re planning to open an office in California in one of those two locations.

As I probably am going to live in or close to those areas, I have a reasonable question:

thanks guys,

Robert

There are chances, but it’s very small. Malibu and Laguna Beach are small communities. Many of them have already settled with someone. You need to expand your dating game to all of west Los Angeles or all of OC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles