Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:58 AM

155 posts, read 101,452 times

Advertisements

I've read on various websites (one of which is here that you can ignore red light camera tickets received in Los Angeles County because of a court decision to not enforce their payment. Can anyone verify this? This is the first time I've gotten a red light camera ticket anywhere..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 11:25 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,822,902 times
The internet is your friend. Use the info at your own risk.
https://www.quora.com/Do-I-need-to-p...Angeles-County

Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
I hate these cameras. I drive more reckless when around them. I don't know to slam on gas or brake

Old 04-12-2018, 03:55 PM

53 posts, read 50,935 times
I'm not sure but I got one and threw it in the trash. We will see how that goes.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:14 PM

472 posts, read 325,565 times
Yes but keep in mind that some cities are incorporated. For example you can't get out of a Beverly Hills red light camera ticket. They're their own jurisdiction.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:14 PM

335 posts, read 356,521 times
They cause more accidents. They are a way of generating revenue more than safety.

How the people who live in Culver, Beverly Hills, etc... allow these crooks to get away with them is astounding to me.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:29 PM

53 posts, read 50,935 times
I've read that anything in La County you may be able to get away with. OC and indy juristictions, probably not. Just thru amateur research.

Agree not much to with safety, follow the money and you will see what it is. If all the yellows were timed uniformly for mph, I think that would cut down on folks being upset with this deal. You never know if you're going to get a long yellow or a short one.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 5,077 times
The website OP Y2Jayy cited - and linked to - was correct: You can ignore red light camera tickets in LA County, no matter what city or agency issued the ticket. (Beverly Hills is no exception.)

If you do decide to ignore your camera ticket, be sure that anyone who handles your incoming snail mail understands that they are to do absolutely nothing about letters coming from the court - not even poke around online - until they have consulted with you.

In the past I've told people that if you are going to ignore a red light cam ticket in LA County, it is
important that you have not gone on the court's website (LACourt [dot] org). But now I need to modify that statement. In the last six months I have gathered more info and I'm now 98% sure that if you went on the court's website and just looked around - you did not click to take an extension or set up a court date or a payment - then it is still OK to ignore the ticket. (Of course the best bet is never go to that site in the first place.)

Why does the LA Superior Court allow people to ignore red light camera tickets? Here is their official written explanation: "Our judicial officers must balance their responsibility for enforcing the law with their responsibility to protect the public from abuse of those laws." (And maybe they are thinking that the Court's limited resources should be applied to murderers, robbers and crooked politicians, not to honest people who safely rolled around a right turn.)

Still not sure? Do a search on red light camera no consequence and look at the NBC, LA Times, NPR, and LA Weekly articles there.

If you are concerned that the court may have recently changed its policy, tightened thing up, consider this: When in Summer 2011 it hit the news that red light cam tickets inside LA County can be ignored, the LA Court was totally up front and confirmed that policy - in the written release quoted above and in one more written release - so we can expect that if the LA Court changes its mind they will let the press know, loudly and probably also well in advance.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:18 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ima30something View Post
They cause more accidents. They are a way of generating revenue more than safety.

How the people who live in Culver, Beverly Hills, etc... allow these crooks to get away with them is astounding to me.
They like the fact that they have small departments but very aggressive policing

Old 11-21-2018, 10:14 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
They like the fact that they have small departments but very aggressive policing
I totally agree I hate when you have to drive through these little jurisdiction, and have to worry about the extra policing. For all of LA's problems LAPD is not one. I never feel like they are being extra with their policing I guess they have real crime to worry about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles