U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 04:11 PM

135 posts, read 59,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
2 teams in LA might be a little too much given the local market. Interest for soccer is certainly second to no other city in the country, but the enthusiasts are mostly focused in European teams for the quality, and Mexican teams for the emotional link. The local crowd is composed of maybe 90% Latinos, 5% European expats, 5% non-Hispanic Americans. As a result, club leaders know they have to make their teams appealing to the Latino community to survive, and they do so by signing Mexican/Central American players who often lack in quality. Furthermore, the MLS is only attractive to high profile European players looking for a pre-retirement team, and local talent is still scarce. The MLS tries to imitate European league by creating these derby sensation, but on the pitch the quality is still not there. I'd rather watch most European league than the MLS.
So you like the watching the same ole 2-5 teams winning year in and year out? Arab money has ruined the Euro leagues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 09:32 PM

559 posts, read 256,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
So you like the watching the same ole 2-5 teams winning year in and year out? Arab money has ruined the Euro leagues
Quite frankly? Yes, I prefer watching leagues with the best skills in the world over watching games with players missing basic passes, receptions, constantly throughout the game. A different winner every season doesn't mean the quality is there, and for the MLS it's really not there.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,111 times
People seemed to have come out in droves for the LAFC games and the sense of excitement is palpable in comparison to the crowds for the Rams/Chargers. I think that indicates a really good future for them. In fact, the LA Galaxy may really need to watch their backs. They’re the most successful MLS team, but LAFC being located in the actual city of LA is a huge advantage in the long run. LA Galaxy may need to consider relocating from Carson in the future.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:56 PM

422 posts, read 672,386 times
We need a new stadium maybe right by L.A live .

Old 05-08-2018, 11:52 PM

135 posts, read 59,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Quite frankly? Yes, I prefer watching leagues with the best skills in the world over watching games with players missing basic passes, receptions, constantly throughout the game. A different winner every season doesn't mean the quality is there, and for the MLS it's really not there.
But nobody is saying the MLS is on par with these mega rich teams in Europe. Of course its not. The league is only 23 years old. But MLS does serve a need and its growing. I watch the Euro leagues as well but I don't compare over there to here in the states. And the majority of Eurosnobs only care about the top Champions League squads(real, barca, chelsea, bayern, psg, manu, man city, etc) while never mentioning mid or lower table teams who are struggling at the gate and financially. I enjoy both for what they are.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:01 AM

399 posts, read 318,992 times
Judging by the sea of rainbow in the stands of every MLS game I've ever seen, LAFC would've been better off naming themselves LGBTQFC. Would've made them the most popular MLS club ever. Probably would be a lock for the championship too since any kind of foul could be claimed a hate crime and opposing players would be wary of the career suicide and social pariah status.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:34 PM

422 posts, read 672,386 times
LAFC try to set themselves as hipster and exclusively club . Let see how they will fare in MLS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or