Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 03:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Vegas is a trashy, hideous place to live. That’s why its real estate market lost up to 75% of its value in the crash. The least desirable places crash the most.

West L.A. is fantastic. Obviously it’s not all roses everywhere you go in the city, but it’s overall great and especially so if you work out of your house (which many creatives in LA do).
You got that right, have only been there twice and have no desire to go back.

Made the mistake of going there in July and thought this is hell on earth, you didn't want to be outside at all.

Having to go from the A/C house to the A/C car to the A/C store for many months out of the year isn't living, it's surviving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
I've lived in Tampa for 20 years and I'm the opposite. Tired of sweating through all my clothing. Wish I could wear pants and flannel. Visited LA recently and I'm in love. Even after driving on the 405
I get it. I lived in LA for 2 years and the weather was lovely, although I did miss the rain and storms ALOT.

It's just, you're paying dearly for it. IMO LA isn't, at all, worth 3xs what it costs to live in Tampa.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:12 PM

183 posts, read 207,175 times
I love it here, in LA. Then again, I enjoyed living in San Diego and prior to that, in the RTP area. I think it is a state of mind. We only get to walk this Earth one time, so make the best out of it (unless you believe in reincarnation).

Old 10-28-2018, 08:40 PM

17 posts, read 29,759 times
Here it is, late October in Los Angeles and I still have my AC blasting. I was looking at some of the prices of homes in other parts of the country and many of them are reasonable. I was born here, my parents were immigrants, my whole life I've scolded them as to why of all the places on earth they chose to move to they chose the ****hole that is Los Angeles. "I want to pay a premium to live like a sardine. I don't want to have an affordable home, etc." I don't understand. There's nothing special about this place... when my parents die I will live in Nebraska. Nice comfortable winters... hot summers, but I'll run the AC. Eff this town.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofla View Post
Here it is, late October in Los Angeles and I still have my AC blasting. I was looking at some of the prices of homes in other parts of the country and many of them are reasonable. I was born here, my parents were immigrants, my whole life I've scolded them as to why of all the places on earth they chose to move to they chose the ****hole that is Los Angeles. "I want to pay a premium to live like a sardine. I don't want to have an affordable home, etc." I don't understand. There's nothing special about this place... when my parents die I will live in Nebraska. Nice comfortable winters... hot summers, but I'll run the AC. Eff this town.
Why do you have to wait until your parents die to live in Nebraska ?

Old 10-30-2018, 08:52 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I was born in Oxnard on the coast. I can drive to Santa Monica in an hour. I can take the 101 and be on the West Side in just over an hour. I can get to LAX in an hour and 20 minutes. When USC is playing, win or lose I am at the Coliseum. My family loves visiting the LA area. The garment district is a favorite place to visit. When we want some fun during Christmas we visit the Grove. Our kids love the times we take in a movie at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, and our kids are aged 20 something to 12 years old. What an amazing place that is. I can not imagine all the things left for us to see and experience in the Los Angeles Area.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:43 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
In all seriousness... what's the appeal?

Why do so many buy into it?
Because its better than whever the heck else they are living in the USA. / thread.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:47 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times
Kinda sad to whine about something and do nothing about it. Just sitting and marinating in one's misery is not living.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:15 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
What a whiner. You haven't done anything since you complained 6 months ago in your original post. Refer to my response to your post on 4/25.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Los Angeles is hands down North America’s best. Keep in mind cities like Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia/NY are all alike. Los Angeles is Los Angeles. I truly feel blessed to live in the best city on Planet Earth.
So much urban sprawl though and neighborhoods and cities that are cookie-cutter and sort of drab and homogeneous. Very little open spaces or natural areas left as well, which is a negative if you are an outdoorsy or nature-oriented person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles