U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 09:44 AM

2,060 posts, read 1,055,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
The only thing that was being outsourced out of LA were physical production jobs.

All development, legal, agencies, and studios remain here. Besides, there's tons and tons of physical production still in LA anyway.
Don't tell Atlanta that. They think they have passed LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 08:00 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,014,611 times
Wife and I are going to see Family Feud taped in a few weeks.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 AM

8 posts, read 4,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What parts of the Entertainment Industry is actually done in LA, given it is the entertainment capital for the world if not just the USA?

Are a lot of shows and movies still filmed within the confines of LA? I know lots are actually filmed in other cities. A lot of TV stations like NBC, or CBS are based in NYC. A lot of music and media is also based in NYC. So what does LA have? Is it just the movie studios?

But what do the movie studios actually do in LA? Huge projects like LOTR is filmed in NZ. Nolan's Batman Trilogy is filmed in Chicago. So many stars live in LA. Are they mainly there for casting/auditions?

Filming is done all around Los Angeles, any given day you can walk Downtown and see an entire cast on location for filming. I'm not sure if you've worked in the entertainment industry but nearly everything is based in Los Angeles. From casting directors, to music studios, there is a reason so many transplants come to our state in hopes of their "big dreams"

Old 05-22-2018, 10:31 AM

34,702 posts, read 17,927,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiabred View Post
Filming is done all around Los Angeles, any given day you can walk Downtown and see an entire cast on location for filming. I'm not sure if you've worked in the entertainment industry but nearly everything is based in Los Angeles. From casting directors, to music studios, there is a reason so many transplants come to our state in hopes of their "big dreams"
Someone told me you've arrived in Los Angeles when you stop saying "Cool, a movie shoot!" and start saying "Goddamn Hollywood think they own the place!"

Old 05-22-2018, 12:49 PM

34,702 posts, read 17,927,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Don't tell Atlanta that. They think they have passed LA.
Is anyone outside Atlanta familiar with this statistic?

Old 05-24-2018, 06:13 AM

17,532 posts, read 16,353,436 times
The print version of the L.A. Times contains an article every week stating which commercials and TV shows are shot in which locations of greater L.A., e.g. this week, commercials: Nintendo in Tarzana, Del Taco in West Adams, Jeep in Venice. TV: Sorry for Your Loss in Studio City, Animal Kingdom in Rancho Palos Verdes, the Good Place in Beverly Hills, etc, etc.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 PM
DKM

3,854 posts, read 1,368,016 times
I was on live TV on CBS this week. The week before, 2nd row at Jimmy Kimmel. I've driven through or next to numerous sets around town. I know people making TV shows for Netflix, and people who work for them and Hulu. Disney does a lot of production here. Not sure at all what you are talking about OP... I'm still relatively new so I still say "oh cool, movie shoot".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles