U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 05:59 PM

10 posts, read 3,773 times

Advertisements

I have my passport photo 2" x 2" digitally. I would like to print 6 copies of that to apply for visa. I called three photo services today. They all pretty much quoted $5 for the first 2 photos and $4 for each additional set of photos. So I went to CVS photo center and tried to print my 2" x 2" photo in 4" x 6" photo format (cost only 29 cents) assuming that I can cut the 2" x 2" from the 4" x 6". But what happened was 2" x 2" got printed as 4" x 4". I tried to get help from the store employee, but he said that's how it is going to be. Does anyone know where I can print the passport photos economically?

PS: I live near the LAX Airport.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:26 PM

628 posts, read 648,451 times
I don’t think you’ll find much cheaper than that, I’m afraid, they are all pretty expensive. I’d also be sure you understand the photo requirements for the visa first before trying to print from an existing photo (is it for residency or travel?). Most countries are now pretty strict about background, face to space ratio etc, and photos that don’t meet the criteria mean the whole application gets sent back to start again.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
I don’t think you’ll find much cheaper than that, I’m afraid, they are all pretty expensive. I’d also be sure you understand the photo requirements for the visa first before trying to print from an existing photo (is it for residency or travel?). Most countries are now pretty strict about background, face to space ratio etc, and photos that don’t meet the criteria mean the whole application gets sent back to start again.
I took this passport photo 3 months ago at Picture People. BG, Face to space ratio, eye location all were fine. The only thing is, they said extra copy is $5 each. So I just bought 1 copy and a digital file of the photo so that I could print it later when needed.

Now I am applying for the visa to two countries. Their photo requirement is also 2" x 2". They need 2 photos each, a total of 4. Also I have to do this for 3 members in my family.

In google search, many have mentioned that they have used CVS/Walgreen for printing passport photos but don't know how they did it, both CVS/Walgreen has only 4" x 6" format and not 2" x 2" format.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM

120 posts, read 72,268 times
Standard photos are 4" x 6". Just Photoshop your 2" x 2" headshot six times into single image and you will get six passport photos for the cost of a single 4" x 6" print after cutting.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:54 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,047,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huja View Post
Standard photos are 4" x 6". Just Photoshop your 2" x 2" headshot six times into single image and you will get six passport photos for the cost of a single 4" x 6" print after cutting.
Yeah, this is what I did for my kids passport photos. I also used photoshop, but you can use even a program as simple as Microsoft Paint if you know how to use it.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:51 PM

602 posts, read 372,783 times
You should try Costco.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:59 PM

4,297 posts, read 1,450,216 times
Post office also does photos.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:21 PM

As suggested, I photoshopped (YouTube tutorial) 2" x 2" passport photo six times into a single image (4" x 6") and I printed that at CVS for just $0.30.

Thank you everyone for your replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or