Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 04:56 PM

53 posts, read 39,066 times

Advertisements

okay what is the best pizza place not restaurant or chain in la metro, this is for all the marbles or anchovies as the case may be. one location which always has people there at the counter waiting, newspaper clipping on the wall from the dodgers winning the WS, no tables maybe one. you know they sell a few other things too, fries, possibly a sandwich. getting hungry just thinking about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 05:22 PM

351 posts, read 340,098 times
they all suck compared to new york

Old 05-17-2018, 08:28 PM

121 posts, read 154,232 times
Are there any Chicago thin crust/party style/tavern style places?

Old 05-18-2018, 07:51 AM

908 posts, read 1,296,296 times
Some of my top picks are Lamonica's in Westwood, Village Pizzeria in Larchmont Village, and Mulberry Pizza (multiple locations).

Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,429,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post
This statement always cracks me up. My wife is from NY and I’ve had plenty of mediocre to crappy pizza out there. I’d bet everything I own that if you were in Oklahoma and had NY style pizza flown in from all over you’d be hard pressed to pick out which is which, short of your favorites. It’s not all about the water either, I’ve been to places that ship it in, and it was nothing special.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
This statement always cracks me up. My wife is from NY and I’ve had plenty of mediocre to crappy pizza out there. I’d bet everything I own that if you were in Oklahoma and had NY style pizza flown in from all over you’d be hard pressed to pick out which is which, short of your favorites. It’s not all about the water either, I’ve been to places that ship it in, and it was nothing special.
There are mediocre things everywhere. We're talking about comparing the best (and my favorites) in NYC vs. the best in LA here

Old 05-18-2018, 12:45 PM

3,843 posts, read 4,502,887 times
Quote:
New York pizzerias all suck compared to Italy.

My fave pizza in LA is Little Tony's on Lankershim in the valley.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
New York pizzerias all suck compared to Italy.

My fave pizza in LA is Little Tony's on Lankershim in the valley.
Depends on the type of pizza, but yes, I'd hope the place where pizza was invented has better pizza

Old 05-18-2018, 06:34 PM

13,576 posts, read 15,555,509 times
Quote:
But New York in general sucks which is why so many people move here from there, so...

Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 PM

22 posts, read 19,265 times
I’ve had very delicious pizza from pizzerias (that’ve been there for decades) in
the Jewelry District of DTLA. I can’t speak with any authority on whether or not they have “the best” pizza in Greater LA, but those were well-above-par to me. And in terms of the environment you described they absolutely fit the bill. And I can speak at least with some insight though being Italian-American and having visited Italy many times and had pizzas there, not that those are exactly the same, whole different animal really, but still as far as both having quality flavors (not generic) and fresh ingredients. There are numerous ones there (Jewelry District of DTLA) but one I remember by name right now is Corleone Pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles