U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:21 PM

7 posts, read 3,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
You may not have to. Generally spots in this area are willing to take dogs, even if the listing says otherwise. It can't hurt to reach out to the listing agent. Also, those types of places come up a few times a month, in this particular area.

Additionally, you did not give that FULL list in your first post. Please don't call me an overly confident ex-New Yorker....I have an autoimmune disease, as well, so I know what it means to deal with health issues, especially related to your living space.

Good luck in your search.
I have much harsher words than "overly confident ex-New Yorker", but I refrained myself. And "you may not have to"...really? I assure you that as an MBA that worked on Wall Street for over 10 years, I know how to get s*** done, including begging landlords to take my 9 lb dog, offering to pay to swap in vinyl flooring and posting in FB groups like "Brits housing in LA". I assure you that those listings don't come up "a few times a month" since I've been looking for 3. Options have been few and far between, and the few that have come up (even if it is a few times a month) has had an issue or I wasn't able to get there within 4 hours of it posting.

As for your medical issues, this isn't a competition for who has more serious issues (I have you beat, but that's irrelevant). The point I was making is that it isn't up to you to tell me to use fluff and fold, regardless of any health issues.

Thank you for reminding me why I left NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 12:00 AM

1,363 posts, read 873,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2LA1 View Post
I have much harsher words than "overly confident ex-New Yorker", but I refrained myself. And "you may not have to"...really? I assure you that as an MBA that worked on Wall Street for over 10 years, I know how to get s*** done, including begging landlords to take my 9 lb dog, offering to pay to swap in vinyl flooring and posting in FB groups like "Brits housing in LA". I assure you that those listings don't come up "a few times a month" since I've been looking for 3. Options have been few and far between, and the few that have come up (even if it is a few times a month) has had an issue or I wasn't able to get there within 4 hours of it posting.

As for your medical issues, this isn't a competition for who has more serious issues (I have you beat, but that's irrelevant). The point I was making is that it isn't up to you to tell me to use fluff and fold, regardless of any health issues.

Thank you for reminding me why I left NYC
Wow. I was simply trying to help and I never called you any names nor attacked you (unlike you just did!) I simply made suggestions, never "told" you what to do in any sense. Very similar to what others suggested (on the last page, someone else also suggested you may have to give and take, as well,) perhaps more detailed. I also never insinuated you don't know how to get "stuff" done--nor was I trying to one up you, in any way whatsoever--genuinely--with health issues. I was simply trying to sympathize that I understand it can be tough. Medical issues are not a thing to mess around with.

The internet can sometimes be a hard place to interpret how others are trying to come across. I'm sorry that you took (or if I didn't communicate) my suggestions the wrong way.

As I said, good luck in your search.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:27 PM

6,855 posts, read 1,469,864 times
As I live in the Phoenix/Glendale, AZ (really close to Deer Valley High), I would opt to live in the Cali part called Glendale. I would only visit/work in Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or