U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 429 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have just received a job in LA (Santa Monica), and my wife & I will be moving from India to the US. I hope not to offend anyone, but is there an area where there is more of an Indian population? To help us settle here, as it will be our home, it might make things easier for us.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 11:41 AM

121 posts, read 106,319 times
This should help: //www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...community.html

Old 05-27-2018, 12:52 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,024,292 times
Lots of Indian’s located in Torrance, particularly in the area zoned to West High School. There’s a strip mall on Hawthorne Bl. just north of Torrance Bl. That has an Indian store.

It’s about an hour rush hour commute to Santa Monica.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:05 AM

928 posts, read 603,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Lots of Indian’s located in Torrance, particularly in the area zoned to West High School. There’s a strip mall on Hawthorne Bl. just north of Torrance Bl. That has an Indian store.

It’s about an hour rush hour commute to Santa Monica.
This is true. This is my hometown and I also attended West High School back in the late 60's. It has changed considerably. I drive down Anza Street which is where a lot of apartments are. I see the women from India walking around in their beautiful Sari's. I no longer recognize my high school and it is difficult to watch because there are so few Caucasians anymore attending the high school. I am just being honest.

I belong to several groups online (Facebook) for West High Alumni. It's just sad to see how drastically it has changed. My nephew who is half Hispanic/White went to WHS and graduated in 2012. All his friends are actually from different ethnic groups but no Non-Hispanic Whites.

To the OP - I had to be honest here but I mean no disrespect.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:03 AM

75,038 posts, read 87,475,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonStatis View Post
Hello,

I have just received a job in LA (Santa Monica), and my wife & I will be moving from India to the US. I hope not to offend anyone, but is there an area where there is more of an Indian population? To help us settle here, as it will be our home, it might make things easier for us.

Thank you for your time.
I can not answer your question factually but I have spent time in L.A. a few times in the past 5 or so years: there are many areas that have large Indian population. What comes to mind right away and not far from Santa Monica is Westwood or areas near Westwood.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:51 AM

2,007 posts, read 4,360,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonStatis View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
This is true. This is my hometown and I also attended West High School back in the late 60's. It has changed considerably. I drive down Anza Street which is where a lot of apartments are. I see the women from India walking around in their beautiful Sari's. I no longer recognize my high school and it is difficult to watch because there are so few Caucasians anymore attending the high school. I am just being honest.

I belong to several groups online (Facebook) for West High Alumni. It's just sad to see how drastically it has changed. My nephew who is half Hispanic/White went to WHS and graduated in 2012. All his friends are actually from different ethnic groups but no Non-Hispanic Whites.

To the OP - I had to be honest here but I mean no disrespect.
Very bold of you two being honest and up front. I'm not offended by either. It's natural for ethnic groups to migrate towards each other. Doesn't mean that they are racist despite what Don Lemon says

Welcome to America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or