U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 1,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
So you're saying all Black people are Ethiopian in culture?
Obviously not. Im saying countries in Africa have different cultures therefor it wouldn't make since to call anywhere "little africa" its just plain stupid. That would be like calling an area little asia. Russia and China are on the continent of Asia, but two totally different races and cultures.

When the settlers arrived, blacks a.k.a Indians, a.k.a Natives were already here, they were just divided, killed, enslaved and shipped off to the Caribbean islands in which the settlers intended to be Africa. If a black person says they are African American, then they are properly brainwashed. The grandchildren of settlers don't want you to know that the first president was black, they lie to everyone to push forth the fictional american history..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 02:45 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,987,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMendez View Post
Obviously not. Im saying countries in Africa have different cultures therefor it wouldn't make since to call anywhere "little africa" its just plain stupid. That would be like calling an area little asia. Russia and China are on the continent of Asia, but two totally different races and cultures.

When the settlers arrived, blacks a.k.a Indians, a.k.a Natives were already here, they were just divided, killed, enslaved and shipped off to the Caribbean islands in which the settlers intended to be Africa. If a black person says they are African American, then they are properly brainwashed. The grandchildren of settlers don't want you to know that the first president was black, they lie to everyone to push forth the fictional american history..
In your first paragraph you seem to be a somewhat logical person.

In your second one you fall into the abyss of some alternate universe where Native Americans are actually modern day black/African people ? I guess next you'll be talking about the underground reptilian population that has somehow been ignored by the census....oh boy.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:10 PM

201 posts, read 283,614 times
Can we call Inglewood "Winterfell"?

Old 06-11-2018, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 1,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
In your first paragraph you seem to be a somewhat logical person.

In your second one you fall into the abyss of some alternate universe where Native Americans are actually modern day black/African people ? I guess next you'll be talking about the underground reptilian population that has somehow been ignored by the census....oh boy.
But your entire paragraph shows severe signs of cognitive dissonance. That's the same redirect that's given when things are questioned like organized political corruption,, "I guess the next thing you'll be talking about is the Aliens in outer space!".. Only difference is they have more power than you, so much power they can make a certain % of the population believe dwell, and spend millions on Alien research in order to distract them..

Wake up... America is not perfect. My family and ancestors "which is very rare for anglo's" have been in this country since the 1600's. Most of the whites who say things of that nature don't have 17th century ancestors. In fact between 1850 and 1900 there were nearly 60 million new white immigrants that didn't know American History aside from what was told to them. It's similar to how a certain segment of us whites want the confederate statues removed. They are ashamed, and want to erase slavery the same way our ancestors erased Native culture by removing statues that didn't look like us..

I mean how proud am I to say that my ancestors were so lazy that they wouldn't cook, clean or do any housework??.. I know our history point blank. Do not insult my intelligence.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:28 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,323,651 times
The problem with naming a neighborhood after a specific ethnic enclave concentrated within its borders is that, sooner or later, that neighborhood may not contain that ethnic group at a significant enough level, or even at all.

"Little Armenia" in Hollywood is home to very few Armenians anymore, but mostly Central Americans. "Thai Town" in east Hollywood isn't Thai, but mostly Hispanic now. "Chinatown" is largely Vietnamese now. Most of the Filipino people that lived in "Historic Filipino Town" in Hollywood, upped and moved to places like Rancho Cucamonga or Santa Clarita 20 years ago. "Koreatown" is nearly majority-Hispanic. The city of San Fernando has a large population of Koreans and Russians now

Few people living today realize that Boyle Heights was once largely Eastern European Jewish, or that Santa Monica had a very large Scandinavian presence, or that Alhambra was mostly working-class Italians and Irish. The San Fernando Valley, now a polyglot of international flavors, was once full of white, working-class families with roots in the Midwest. In places like Reseda and Canoga Park where blonde, blue-eyed "Valley Girls" used to frolic, there are now large concentrations of Russians, Armenians, Pakistanis, Indians and Filipinos. In Orange County, Anaheim was German-named and had a majority-White population up through the early 1990s. Long Beach was so white that it was once nicknamed "Des Moines with Palm Trees". Compton was, at one point, almost all white too.

Formerly all-white suburbs like Bellflower, South Gate, Lakewood and Torrance are no longer majority-White, but have large Hispanic and Asian populations. Further out, Santa Clarita, Simi Valley and Palmdale, which used to be very, very "White/Anglo" areas, are now home to lots of Asians and Hispanic families.

Places like Victorville, Moreno Valley, Hemet, Rialto and San Bernardino have large black populations today.

The Black community doesn't own Leimert Park anymore than any other community "owns" any other part of the city, or any other city itself. Neighborhoods change and are constantly in flux.

Last edited by kttam186290; 06-12-2018 at 12:46 AM..

Old 06-16-2018, 08:51 PM

28 posts, read 23,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
The city of San Fernando has a large population of Koreans and Russians now

Since when did San Fernando start having a large Korean population? I've been through that city a lot when I was going to Mission College, and I don't see any Korean businesses and supermarkets in San Fernando, it still has it's Hispanic presence in that city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or