U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 01:33 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,698,738 times

Advertisements

Hi. My brother has an internship in Torrance this summer for 2 months and is looking running into a bunch of dead ends when looking for short term leases and sublets. He's considering airbnb for 2 months but is concerned that may be pretty pricey. The internship connected him with other interns but doesn't really help find housing. He's planning on rooming with one of the other interns but is open to renting alone. Other than airbnb do you all have a suggestion of places/websites he could look for a two month lease?

Also, what areas should he avoid? He's a 21 year old kid from the suburbs in the south so he's not that city savvy. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 09:33 AM

33,620 posts, read 15,416,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Hi. My brother has an internship in Torrance this summer for 2 months and is looking running into a bunch of dead ends when looking for short term leases and sublets. He's considering airbnb for 2 months but is concerned that may be pretty pricey. The internship connected him with other interns but doesn't really help find housing. He's planning on rooming with one of the other interns but is open to renting alone. Other than airbnb do you all have a suggestion of places/websites he could look for a two month lease?

Also, what areas should he avoid? He's a 21 year old kid from the suburbs in the south so he's not that city savvy. =)
I'm not from the area but he might check into Extended Stay Hotel 60 day rates, you have to call a specific number to inquire about them: Extended Plus Program: 1-888-844-0952 But I think he'd be looking at around $2,000 a month. The advantage is that it would be their own place, not a room in someone's house and they come with an equipped kitchen so they could do their own cooking. Here's a site that shows some of the Extended Stay Hotels https://www.apartmentguide.com/apart...-term-4ni+4id/

Old 06-01-2018, 11:38 AM

25,306 posts, read 16,445,196 times
Has he already looked on Craigslist ? There is a section for sublets and rooms for rent .
Since it’s for summer there might be some people traveling for summer break looking to rent their places .
I’d stay in Torrance or around there . Torrance is a separate city from the city of LA but it is in L.A county .
I know Torrance comes up on those lists for safest areas in L.A county and it’s more a suburban area.
Nearby Redondo Beach is nice but likely more expensive since closer to the beach , haven’t looked up prices in that area for a while though.. rents across the whole SoCal area are pretty high though especially places near the beach .

Old 06-02-2018, 01:08 AM

265 posts, read 814,752 times
Checkout
1. Facebook roommate groups. (there are many)
2. Airbbnb ($$$) for one week near USC or UCLA and ask for introductions to their friends that have a room/apartment available to rent for the summer.
3. sublet.com.
4. I agree with sjm1982. Craigslist sublet and roommate section has spots on there.

Its hard to meet people renting a spot if you start in a weekly hotel. Plus, most are dicey.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:29 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,698,738 times
Thanks everything. I think he found a place with some of the other interns. I appreciate all the responses though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or