Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:43 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Living on the streets is mentally sick by default, and it's un-Christianly to ignore vagrants. Shame on anybody who wants to hurt vagrants by ignoring them. People living on the streets are prisoners in their own minds and slaves to the demonic voices in their heads, so essentially keeping vagrants on the streets is the equivalent of placing people in concentration camps.
Being on the streets they are also vulnerable to sick gang bangers like this guy that killed a lot of homeless at a homeless encampment. An animal, but I guess some might disagree .

There are also the crimes and rapes that are committed by other homeless.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2017/1...llings-1st-ld/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 11:52 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Being on the streets they are also vulnerable to sick gang bangers like this guy that killed a lot of homeless at a homeless encampment. An animal, but I guess some might disagree .

There are also the crimes and rapes that are committed by other homeless.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2017/1...llings-1st-ld/
Indeed -- life on the streets is essentially prison life for vagrants, so why anybody would want to do something so remarkably cruel to them in the name of their "civil rights" is beyond my comprehension.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:27 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,738,739 times
In the year of 1976 I worked as a bus boy in two restaurants in Sarasota Florida. One full time, the other part time. My total was under 45 hours a week.
Take home pay, with tips, in 1976 dollars was between 4-500 a month.
My rent on a charming studio apt. fully furnished and all utilities paid, including cable TV, was $ 125 a month.
We had a pool, and the best beach of the famous Siesta Key was a 2-minute walk from my room.

And now, some forty years later, it would be impossible to find a similar job where a worker can pay one fourth of income for rent and spend or save the rest. The income to rent ratio is COMPLETELY different.
Maybe some smarter posters here could explain what happened to our country, I sure can't.

My take, and I could be wrong, goes back to the very first post in this thread.

A Korean landlord, renting to other foreigners, some illegals. We have way too many people in this country and as the population goes up, the rents will follow, and the wages will sink.

I am immigrant myself and it hurts to admit, but we are a major part of the problem.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:56 AM

472 posts, read 325,565 times
This is what has happened to California. The middle class is leaving and has been leaving for decades. The bottom class needs to wise up and move to someplace they can afford.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
This is what has happened to California. The middle class is leaving and has been leaving for decades. The bottom class needs to wise up and move to someplace they can afford.
Then who will serve the food, sell the groceries, mow the lawns etc?

Last edited by FirebirdCamaro1220; 06-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-11-2018, 11:29 AM

42,849 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Then who will serve the food, sell the groceries, now the lawns etc?
Don't hold your breath while waiting for an answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles