Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:27 PM

60 posts, read 60,312 times

Advertisements

But it seems like it’s alittle to close to Boyle Heights to the east, Skidrow to the South, and endless warehouses within the boundaries for my taste. I do like the Arts District for the edgy hip vibe, proximity to Staples Center, future transit currently being built, and promising market to invent in since so much revitalization is being put into Little Tokyo and Arts District Area.

I would be much more comfortable if Boyle Heights (and the entire LA River) could just gentrify already. Skidrow I don’t mind as long as the problem improves slowly over time. As for the sea of warehouses along the 10 and 60 freeways, I strongly feel as they should all relocate, be demolished, and redevelop to land for housing. This could be the big solution to the affordability crisis, or at least temporarily slow it down. Most of the logistics are moving to the Inlans Valleys these days anyways because of the cheaper land. Isn’t Inland SoCal the “Logistic Capital of the World”?. Look at google satellite images of the swarm of warehouses that stretch from City of Commerce to eastern DTLA. Easily 20x larger than the urban, walkable friendly pockets of LA put together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 06:17 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,918 times
Hi Bruin1983,

How can this forum provide you with excellent service today?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Hi Bruin1983,

How can this forum provide you with excellent service today?
Not funny. This is a professional forum website. Please mature up and be a critical thinker.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:42 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Was there a question here? It seems like you asked an answered your own dillema.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
May be a troll post but I have to agree with the warehousing needing to go away though. LA city leaders want Downtown LA to be Manhattan and the warehouses left Manhattan. Could use a park in south Downtown LA too once more and more housing goes in.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
Not funny. This is a professional forum website. Please mature up and be a critical thinker.
I'm only trying to help you Bruin1983. Please, tell us what your question is so we can answer it correctly.

Thank you

Old 06-06-2018, 07:51 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Skidrow I don’t mind as long as the problem improves slowly over time.
It's never gotten better and never will as long as you have leadership like you do.
Besides that where are they suppose to move the homeless the desert??

Old 06-06-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
I'm only trying to help you Bruin1983. Please, tell us what your question is so we can answer it correctly.

Thank you
I appreciate your preppy attiutude in offering me help. Trust me, I do. However this website isn’t a service in the sense you’re acting like.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
It's never gotten better and never will as long as you have leadership like you do.
Besides that where are they suppose to move the homeless the desert??
I never said to ship them somewhere else. Infact, the Los Angeles Times is claiming that for the first time in decades, the homeless crisis is showing signs of recovery.

Homelessness dips in L.A. and countywide, but Garcetti warns 'a real challenge' still remains

https://news.usc.edu/144010/homeless...in-four-years/

Essential California: Homelessness numbers dip in L.A.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:23 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
I never said to ship them somewhere else. Infact, the Los Angeles Times is claiming that for the first time in decades, the homeless crisis is showing signs of recovery.

Homelessness dips in L.A. and countywide, but Garcetti warns 'a real challenge' still remains

https://news.usc.edu/144010/homeless...in-four-years/

Essential California: Homelessness numbers dip in L.A.
Sure it ain't
I suggest that you buy and wait it out. Those pesky homeless folks will eventually move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles