Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
BEWARE OF BEVERLY HILLS RED LIGHT CAMERAS!!!
And parking there if you have no front plate. And what's with all the honking there? What a jerky little city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 06:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Wow this is all super helpful to know. That's too long of a commute.

I'm thinking of West LA/Sawtelle/Lower Westwood. Not the most exciting, but if I can bike 1.5-2 miles to work, all the better.

Do you think for a 30 year old gay man West LA (i.e Westwood Blvd. south of SaMo Boulevard) will be too dull? I like walkability, nightlife, restaurants, etc.
Nah, not too dull at all. Depends how important being around gay guys and gayness is to you. I'm early 30s gay and prefer West Hollywood, but I have lived in West LA too. There are a decent number of gay men in the Westside, plus you are 15-30 minutes from West Hollywood should you want to hang out there. As for the restaurants and walkability, West LA is pretty ideal too.

It sure beats living in the Inland Empire, or even the SFV, which many younger gay guys have to do due to rent prices.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Nah, not too dull at all. Depends how important being around gay guys and gayness is to you. I'm early 30s gay and prefer West Hollywood, but I have lived in West LA too. There are a decent number of gay men in the Westside, plus you are 15-30 minutes from West Hollywood should you want to hang out there. As for the restaurants and walkability, West LA is pretty ideal too.

It sure beats living in the Inland Empire, or even the SFV, which many younger gay guys have to do due to rent prices.
There are way more gay men in West Hollywood than on the Westside.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:01 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
And parking there if you have no front plate. And what's with all the honking there? What a jerky little city.
Doubt I'll ever stop in that city but thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I'm all over the horn 🎷 when in Los Angeles. So many tourist/ppl from other countries that don't know how to drive 🚗

Old 06-08-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Doubt I'll ever stop in that city but thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I'm all over the horn 🎷 when in Los Angeles. So many tourist/ppl from other countries that don't know how to drive 🚗
I know what you mean -- it's too bad we can't have a law that does something about that. We should have multi-tiered driver's licenses that favor those of us who grew up driving here and know how it's done American style.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:16 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I know what you mean -- it's too bad we can't have a law that does something about that. We should have multi-tiered driver's licenses that favor those of us who grew up driving here and know how it's done American style.
Interesting. Maybe like we could have our own lanes or even better certain streets would be dedicated to US!

Drives me insane getting behind folks not paying attention 😠
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles