U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 06:51 AM

4,451 posts, read 5,574,612 times

Advertisements

Too many places I can think of that'd have falling rock warnings

But as mentioned, you can try googling "Angeles Crest Drive Videos" or "Big Bear"

There are just too many places that look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZO0GFhdeAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 AM

18 posts, read 5,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouleboule View Post
Looks like Tuna Canyon road off PCH, it connects to Mulholland
bouleboule

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I've been up Tuna Canyon Road from Pacific Coast Highway and not found the water tank. As other posters have said, quite a lot of roads in this area look very similar. Without any reference points such as a building, landmark, signpost, or just about anything these stretches of road are proving difficult to locate. If someone can find the tank then perhaps the other sections of road are nearby.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:23 AM

3,193 posts, read 1,377,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariarcki View Post
bouleboule

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I've been up Tuna Canyon Road from Pacific Coast Highway and not found the water tank. As other posters have said, quite a lot of roads in this area look very similar. Without any reference points such as a building, landmark, signpost, or just about anything these stretches of road are proving difficult to locate. If someone can find the tank then perhaps the other sections of road are nearby.
I'm just curious - why do you want to find this stretch of road so badly?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:29 AM

There are two large water tanks on Mulholland Highway near The Snake, south-west of the Rock Store. However, this is not the place.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I rode sport bikes up in that area for years. Really hard to tell. There are many twisty roads in that area, and the terrain is very similar.
Newfangle9

As you and others have pointed out there are a lot of stretches of road that look very similar and make the actual locating very difficult.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:41 AM

3,193 posts, read 1,377,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariarcki View Post
Newfangle9

As you and others have pointed out there are a lot of stretches of road that look very similar and make the actual locating very difficult.
This will probably get taken down, but I recommend posting your question here as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngeles/

Old 06-15-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
It looks very similar to highway 138 going up Big Bear from San Bernardino along the San Gabriel Mountains. It’s a very popular route for a scenic cruise called “Rim of The World”.
Bruin1983

Went along Highway 138, but could not really match anything up. I think this is too far from Los Angeles to be the place.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:43 PM

CALGUY and thelopez2

Many thanks for the suggestions. Watched various speeded up videos on YouTube showing trips along various roads in the Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica Mountains, Angeles Crest and Big Bear areas, but unfortunately nothing jumps out at me. However, still hopeful of a positive identification.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
This will probably get taken down, but I recommend posting your question here as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngeles/
Drewjdeg

Thanks for the link, as you say it is another option.

All these images are filming locations used in a sixties television called The Man from UNCLE. The episode was 'The Prince of Darkness Affair' part one and filming took place in August 1967. For foreign markets the two episodes were put together and renamed The Helicopter Spies and screened in movie theatres.

When doing location filming the production crew were usually limited to filming within 50 miles from their base at MGM (now Columbia/Sony) Studios in Culver City.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:33 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,421,795 times
I recall a few episodes of TMFU were filmed in and around Griffith Park and the observatory. I know I've seen that stretch of road in the first pic with the water tank before. I just can't nail it down. Oh well, another sleepless night ahead.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or