U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 PM

11,251 posts, read 5,273,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
Uhh...no. Houston is full of litter. Don’t mess with Texas is not a slogan for toughness.
Interesting I just spent Nov - March there and even took photos of the roadways and freeways and just overall cleanliness of a city the size of Houston. I also lived there from 1969 to 2009 and never ever have seen Houston to be as filthy as some parts of LA and many parts of the Bay Area.

I never said that Don't Mess with Texas was a slogan for toughness.

Last edited by Matadora; 07-09-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:35 PM

11,746 posts, read 10,893,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
Well this proves homelessness is non-existent in Melbourne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Was there for 2 weeks a couple of years back and I did not see any trash and no homeless. Walked all over the city, took buses, etc.
Well. I don't know where you were walking and the video posted might have been centered on areas where it doesn't exist but it does exist. At least it does, according to this news article from last September.

City of Melbourne to remove groups of homeless amid police crackdown on beggars - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Old 07-09-2018, 09:00 PM

967 posts, read 729,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Interesting I just spent Nov - March there and even took photos of the roadways and freeways and just overall cleanliness of a city the size of Houston. I also lived there from 1969 to 2009 and never ever have seen Houston to be as filthy as some parts of LA and many parts of the Bay Area.

I never said that Don't Mess with Texas was a slogan for toughness.
I live in Houston...and own property in LA.

Never even implied that you stated that. Sheesh. What I am implying is that it is laughable that you wrote that Houston doesn’t have these crazy issues with litter when Texas had to come up with a slogan just fight its own littering problem. What color is your kettle?

Last edited by 3shipguy; 07-09-2018 at 09:21 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 09:01 PM

4,297 posts, read 1,450,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
Well this proves homelessness is non-existent in Melbourne.
I have no idea how this proves a question nobody asked, but ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Why is there such a disparity between Melbourne and L.A.?
I spent 3 weeks in Australia and it was absolutely beautiful and clean everywhere. I'm sure there's homeless there, as there is everywhere, but apparently they deal with it.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I live in Houston...and own property in LA.
So?
I live in the Bay Area and visit Houston for weeks at a time every 6-10 months. Before moving to the Bay Area I lived my entire life in Houston except for a short time in Austin and Dallas.

Perhaps we play in different areas in Houston. The areas I play in are not littered or filthy.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:39 PM

967 posts, read 729,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
So?
I live in the Bay Area and visit Houston for weeks at a time every 6-10 months. Before moving to the Bay Area I lived my entire life in Houston except for a short time in Austin and Dallas.

Perhaps we play in different areas in Houston. The areas I play in are not littered or filthy.

Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t this the LA forum and not the Bay Area? Why are you commenting about the litter problem in LA? It’s like me commenting on the problems in Dallas...

And perhaps the areas that I play in LA are not littered or filthy... see how that works?

Old 07-09-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Why are you commenting about the litter problem in LA?
Because it is the topic and title of this thread. Also because I am very aware of the out of control homeless camps in LA.
Quote:
And perhaps the areas that I play in LA are not littered or filthy... see how that works?
Yep since it was my suggestion to begin with.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:22 PM
kr7

17 posts, read 9,033 times
Wow, this period of LA looks like gold. Wish I had lived there at that time Feeling nostalgic of something I never knew haha

Old 07-10-2018, 12:14 AM

8,324 posts, read 4,437,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr7 View Post
Wow, this period of LA looks like gold. Wish I had lived there at that time Feeling nostalgic of something I never knew haha
It was actually like that in the 60's too in most parts.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:40 AM

27,482 posts, read 30,011,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Well people then didn't walk around feeding their faces all the time. It was considered bad manners.
An article linked by LuvSouthOC also mentioned that in Japan, it's still considered rude to walk and eat at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or