U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 01:54 AM

38 posts, read 34,996 times

Advertisements

It’s been almost a year since I posted about moving to Pasadena on another thread. My original post was about moving last winter to Pasadena. Now that I’m about to land a great job making over 125k finally I’m making that move in a month. My commute will be around 45-50 min going away from traffic to San Bernardino Highland area to move to Pasadena. I’m a Fashion designer single male mid 40’s that wants to be as close as possible to La/Hollywood/weho for my fashion business, but have a lifestyle & entertainment in my town of living. But no more than a half hr away from the cities I mention for gatherings & events & business needs for my clients. At the same time working a FT job under 50 min away I believe will benefit me & hit all my points. I don’t know much about Pasadena except a little about oldtown as I’ve hung out there during the day. Is there any other hangouts in that city or other cities close by within 10 miles great for a single mid 40’s male? I don’t like to go to La, Hollywood, WeHo and other spots away from my area unless I just want to. Also any suggestions about living areas. I hear a lot about the negative of North of 210. But how far north? Like past Orange grove? What about East pasadena? I’m high on walk scores also. Gotta have my fitness, coffee shops, restaurants & gatherings. Happy I’m not far from the mountains as I do like hiking. Like I said I’ll be making over $125k plus my fashion business I’ll be making too so that won’t be an issue one or two bedrooms under $1900 to start off. I appreciate anyone that’s knows Pasadena or is from there for their input. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 05:03 PM

17,676 posts, read 16,435,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperP View Post
I hear a lot about the negative of North of 210. But how far north? Like past Orange grove? What about East pasadena? I’m high on walk scores also.
A thread that's a few years old, but not much has changed in that area. Shows maps of NW Pasadena, etc:

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...northwest.html

Old 07-16-2018, 05:13 PM

2,080 posts, read 2,721,601 times
I'm kind of confused. In one sentence you say "I’m a Fashion designer single male mid 40’s that wants to be as close as possible to La/Hollywood/weho for my fashion business", but then not long after you say "I don’t like to go to La, Hollywood, WeHo and other spots away from my area".

So you want to be close to areas that you DON't like to go to?

Also, are you gay? If so Weho would be right up your alley as far as hang outs.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 AM

No I’m not gay. That would have been the first thing I would have put out there. Yes about my fashion business I thought I was clear about that is the only reason I want to be as close to La, WeHo, but not hanging out. So no confusement there.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
I'm kind of confused. In one sentence you say "I’m a Fashion designer single male mid 40’s that wants to be as close as possible to La/Hollywood/weho for my fashion business", but then not long after you say "I don’t like to go to La, Hollywood, WeHo and other spots away from my area".

So you want to be close to areas that you DON't like to go to?

Also, are you gay? If so Weho would be right up your alley as far as hang outs.
Well there’s no confusement as I said, “business needs” are the only reasons I want to live as close to La, WeHo. I’m not gay, and it would be nice to hangout in the town I’m living in or close by. Like I said within a half hr for clients & business needs, unless I just want to go down there.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:21 AM

1,846 posts, read 1,070,696 times
It's been a while since the last time I was actually in Los Angeles let alone spent extended time there. However, I am pretty sure that it still stands that nightlife adjacent to Pasadena is going to be in Glendale and the points westward that you are opposed to visiting. You are going to be in proximity to some lovely outdoor experiences in Pasadena.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Outside of Pasadena, the next closest place to Pasadena itself with a significant amount of shopping and dining is Glendale.
Thanks for posting on here. I will look into Glendale and the galleria. It’s nice to be around locals and that’s one of the reasons I don’t wanna hangout in WeHo or Hollywood especially Dwtn La. fashion events are good & yes I’ll check those out. But pasadena fulfills my needs. Now I hear So. Pasadena is not bad either. The key thing is I have Options.
Thanks again

Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM

111 posts, read 166,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperP View Post
Like I said I’ll be making over $125k plus my fashion business I’ll be making too so that won’t be an issue one or two bedrooms under $1900 to start off.
You're a successful professional making $125k working in an industry surrounded by beautiful women and moving to a great "small town" City like Pasadena with lots of nice people. You are gonna do great.

I lived around Pasadena 10-15 years ago for a brief period. It is really a wonderful place. The only other place I'd pick over it might be Santa Monica (mostly for weather). GL!

Old 07-21-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2002 View Post
You're a successful professional making $125k working in an industry surrounded by beautiful women and moving to a great "small town" City like Pasadena with lots of nice people. You are gonna do great.

I lived around Pasadena 10-15 years ago for a brief period. It is really a wonderful place. The only other place I'd pick over it might be Santa Monica (mostly for weather). GL!
Thank you very much for the encouragement. Yeah I wish I could live closer to the water & Santa Monica would be my choice also. Culver City West is not back either. But that would be well over an hr drive for my work. So the next best city I like that has a great vibe is Pasadena that still have the fashion, women, & hangout spots. I don’t mind the hot weather. I lived in Phoenix for over 9 years so 100 is the norm for 4 plus months. I’m going to really enjoy this city.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 AM

868 posts, read 872,392 times
Pasadena is a solid spot and I would add adjacent Glendale is well. With the Americana shopping center and adjacent shops/restaurants up and down Brand Blvd., Glendale has stepped up its game in the last 10 years with shopping/restaurants/bars, etc.

If you don't mind adding 15-20 minutes to your commute, I'd look into Glendale, which has fairly comparable rents to Pasadena. Plus, if you need to head over to Hollywood/WeHo for work, it will be a shorter drive compared to Pasadena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or