Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 10:13 PM

21,586 posts, read 16,114,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Bentley? I forget. Those furrin' cars are confusin' to me.
A Royce AND a Bentley. Also an Aston Martin. And my bicycles are gold-plated ... Trumpcicles ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 11:00 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,514,456 times
A week ago, my friend stopped his BMW at a 4-way stop in Santa Monica. Just as he was about to proceed through the intersection, a bicyclist blew across it. My friend, after slamming on his brakes, briefly tapped his horn -- the bicyclist promptly displayed a middle digit and shouted, "**** you!"

Every now and then something like this happens, and everybody has a similar story to tell. It's not beneficial to the bicycling community when these sorts of things happen, because people in other cars aren't typically this hostile when they clearly do something wrong while driving. I've seen outrageous behavior from bicyclists over the years that haven't any analog to automobile drivers, pedestrians, skateboarders, or anybody else who uses the streets.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
A week ago, my friend stopped his BMW at a 4-way stop in Santa Monica. Just as he was about to proceed through the intersection, a bicyclist blew across it. My friend, after slamming on his brakes, briefly tapped his horn -- the bicyclist promptly displayed a middle digit and shouted, "**** you!"

Every now and then something like this happens, and everybody has a similar story to tell. It's not beneficial to the bicycling community when these sorts of things happen, because people in other cars aren't typically this hostile when they clearly do something wrong while driving. I've seen outrageous behavior from bicyclists over the years that haven't any analog to automobile drivers, pedestrians, skateboarders, or anybody else who uses the streets.
Really?

Road Rage Fight Results In Death To Both Drivers Near Sacramento
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ht-sacramento/

Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,514,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Really?
Yes. Really.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Yes. Really.
Did you read the link?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:23 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,076,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
This. The dopey LA and California voters keep electing the same people over and over. So this is what you get.

Not all of us. Some of us have sense but we’re overrun by lunatics.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,526,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. LOTS of arrogant and stupid cyclists. Just like arrogant and stupid drivers ... and pedestrians ... in fact, the whole human race leaves much question as to whether there is intelligent life on the planet.

That said, why should bicyclists be any different? There are roads for stupid drivers. Sidewalks for stupid pedestrians. Why not let stupid bicyclists have their share of mobility venues?

Because they the cyclists have the most to lose in an accident with a car, I thought that was a pretty simple one.

Just saw a guy tonight in the Valley at Burbank and Hollywood Way in dark clothing, no reflectors, he was wearing shorts so the lights of the cars hit his pale white legs, he just blew through the intersection.

It amazes me, you should ride a bike like everyone in a vehicle is out to kill you, that means you don't wear earbuds, you look around you, you have reflectors, lights on the bike and you don't put yourself at risk, if you're smart and don't want to end up seriously injured or dead....again not a d difficult concept.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:02 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,643,039 times
Quote:

We've all seen it. They are in a sociopathic class by themselves.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:16 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,469,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Get used to it. Bikes are here to stay.
Indeed.

And the trantrums from the reactionaries are an amusing fringe benefit!

Old 08-14-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Because they the cyclists have the most to lose in an accident with a car, I thought that was a pretty simple one.

Just saw a guy tonight in the Valley at Burbank and Hollywood Way in dark clothing, no reflectors, he was wearing shorts so the lights of the cars hit his pale white legs, he just blew through the intersection.

It amazes me, you should ride a bike like everyone in a vehicle is out to kill you, that means you don't wear earbuds, you look around you, you have reflectors, lights on the bike and you don't put yourself at risk, if you're smart and don't want to end up seriously injured or dead....again not a d difficult concept.
So do pedestrians ... yet we have sidewalks. Bizarre, huh? All hail motorized vehicular traffic only? Do pedestrians jaywalk? Walk at night in dark clothing? Jog in streets at times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles