Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times

Advertisements

I've just been scouring through these gmp numbers for 2018, and LA and Orange Counties have $1.074 trillion combined while OC has $240 billion by itself leaving LA County with $834 Billion by itself. When doing the calculations I get a per capita income of almost $82k for LA County winch is much higher than the almost $70k for the state of California.

Looking at the proposed split of California into three I initially assumed that LA would be worse off, but after doing the math it looks as if LA County could possibly be better off.

I understand that the numbers are skewed due to so many people from I.E. actually working in LA County, but I was wondering do yall think LA county would be better or worse off? By itself it looks like it would be the 4th largest state by economy right above Illinois, and 10th largest in population ahead of Michigan.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...t-metro-areas/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 08:29 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
The Bay Area and The Greater L.A Region itself has enormous economies that are larger than some countries and soon California's Gross State Product could reach 3 Trillion U.S Dollars if it's pace of economic growth continues as it is.

I don't believe in splitting up this state at all..California needs to remain whole,and yup L.A County alone has a Gross Metropolitan Product of over 800 Billion U.S Dollars meaning despite the poverty,homelessness and other problems found in L.A County,the county is very wealthy.

Many people don't realize that in the past The East Coast States and Cities were far ahead of California in Economic Development while California was very rural and had small towns/pueblos,but look at how quickly our Cities and this State has leaped ahead to create the State with The Largest U.S Economy,and L.A moved up ahead passing Chicago to become the 2nd Largest U.S City both in population and economy.

California's Achievement is amazing with all of it's Innovations and also creating wonderful cities such as L.A,San Diego,San Francisco,which is why I continue to remain optimistic despite the negativity and the haters found in this forum.

May The Golden State continue to shine on and on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles