Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 12:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 11,697,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
I've always liked the idea of tolling major interstates/arteries, and giving everyone 2-3 "free" days a week. If you need to drive outside of your assigned days, you simply pay a toll to use the roads.

You can then use live DOT data to determine if that trip to the store on your off day is worth it. The toll price would be dynamic based on traffic volume at that time. Everyone who would like to use these roads, would register with a transponder similar to what is used everywhere else all over the country, or with license plate scanning.

You could then register different tiers of use. If you wanted no restrictions on your tolling, you could pay 2-3X more a year to have that freedom. A basic low end price would allow you 1 free day per week/month/etc.
This at least makes a little more sense. It doesn't punish people who are merely tooling around on fairly low-volume surface streets, and gives commuters options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 01:11 PM

136 posts, read 140,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You stated ride share compaines would lose a day.
That is incorrect, they would be exempt in this plan.
Read the post before making your statements.
Bob.
And of all the points I brought up in this would show I did read it AND the statement was a bit rhetorical. You did not comment on the possibility that a driver who wanted to dodge the proposal could just become a rideshare driver to get the exemption but never take any riders. AND IF they were fraudulent in getting the exemption, what agency would be willing enforce it? Able to prove violation? Have manpower to enforce it and prosecute it? Is all that submitted in your proposal? Was the proposal funding and distribution of funding for both implementation and enforcement included? It needs to be and laid out in a very specific and legal manner as laid out in the states government code.

With the many comments in this thread with reasons for the proposal to fail or not work have you written into your proposal EVERY contingency brought up here? Other sites? Doubtful. Do you plan on resubmitting your proposal with changes, to account for the various issues brought up by others?

Old 09-06-2018, 01:33 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times
Quote:
I am going to respond to you post, sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph.
You really didn't

Quote:
This proposal is not on line for many reasons.
First being, it could very well be hijacked, and re-worded to suit those who do not want this program to interfere in their lives.
So besides being delusional you're also a bit paranoid

Quote:
As I stated earlier, this proposal took weeks to draft, and there is absolutely nothing , or any situation that isn't covered.
I beleive with adequate study, this bill will pass, and be made law.
Hobbies are important, especially when you have a lot of free time on your hands. I also don't think you've covered everything judging from your responses to everyone. This will never be given "adequate study", thus never making it to the floor

Quote:
One of the reason I am so sure of this is because when I spoke to the assembly members last year, they felt something needs to be done in regard to traffic in our major cities.
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but all you got is lip service. Politicians didn't get to where they are by telling people how they really feel

Quote:
Failure to plan is just poor planning.
That's what we're all thinking about your proposal

Quote:
My advice would be to put on your grown up pants and find your own solutions to getting around on the day you can't drive your vehicle.
Another solid retort, one of many

Quote:
"Ripe for lawsuits", surely you jest.
More than you could imagine. Just one of countless reasons this has been sitting in the dumpster since you handed it to the assemblyman.

I'll say it again, I do admire your passion for this

Old 09-06-2018, 01:55 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
If I get caught driving my car on the wrong day, will the Waffen SS come to my home and beat me with rubber hoses?

Old 09-06-2018, 02:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 11,697,976 times
It's telling, and mildly amusing, to note that the OP "fully expected" his proposal to be in effect within five years....back in 2012.

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...ity-u-s-3.html , post 25.

Last edited by saibot; 09-06-2018 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 02:33 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
It's mildly amusing to note that the OP "fully expected" his proposal to be in effect within five years....back in 2012.

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...ity-u-s-3.html , post 25.
Don't worry, it was HAND delivered this time.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Undocumented immigrants use the freeways too.
I think you mean illegal aliens.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:03 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
LOL You guys are killing me with these responses; I forgot how catty the LA forums are.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 PM

987 posts, read 779,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
On days when somebody isn't allowed to drive, will they be required to put a yellow star on their car?
I think it is a GOLD star, and it actually goes rite between the eyes on the Forehead of the individual during their 1 day ban inflicted by this wonderful proposal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Bob, if you catch this message;

What about those who work from home? Will they be exempt as well? Oh and will the Exempt drivers receive the Exempt license plate like the Government does it here in California? Like Exempt UBER Exempt Plumber?

Just curious

Old 09-09-2018, 06:12 AM

241 posts, read 143,371 times
I remember when Sundays used to be the day where there was no freeway traffic. NOT ANYMORE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles