Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You don't watch our local news, since you don't live here, so you have no idea what's been going on here. BTW, even Tucker Carlson covered this story tonight and his guest was that doctor who Peter Tilden has on every Thursday. And, yes indeed, the Typhus outbreak is because of the homeless. Period. Stop making excuses for them.

And let's just note that Exitus keeps screaming about others making logical fallacies yet here he excoriates Tulemutt for his lack of expertise in "local news" yet his "appeal to authority" in this post relies on an "out of the area" national "news" program with an interview of a doctor from the New York area (very much "out of the area"). All in the SAME post.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 05:29 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
And let's just note that Exitus keeps screaming about others making logical fallacies yet here he excoriates Tulemutt for his lack of expertise in "local news" yet his "appeal to authority" in this post relies on an "out of the area" national "news" program with an interview of a doctor from the New York area (very much "out of the area"). All in the SAME post.....
Tucker Carlson isn’t even a newsman. He’s a fringe ideology entertainer.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:11 PM

^Yep, that is why I put "news" in quotes.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:56 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Exitus was screaming, you mean using CAPS?

Exitus is unable to excoriate anyone on this board. He does not control it.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:20 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No, your logic skills aren’t in question at all ... they are clearly not engaged.

The source of the outbreak is the same as the sources of all murine typhus outbreaks: “It is caused by the bacterium, Rickettsia typhi, and possibly Rickettsia felis, found in infected fleas and their feces.” ... which fleas are most attracted to feral cats and rodents as their preferred food (blood) supply. These rodents can be found anywhere around the nation and world but the fleas become dormant in cold weather.

Concentrations of the bacterium infecting fleas occur quite randomly under favorable climatic conditions ... as is evidenced by the randomness of outbreaks in both rural and urban settings. Trash or no trash.

But all this this has been thoroughly covered and documented throughout this thread already, including many links to epidemiological research findings. If you missed all that, and are truly interested, I suggest you review the thread from the beginning.
My logic is not in question. Local experts on the matter (e.g. doctors who are not not you) have determined the squalor in DTLA is the reason for the outbreak. Case closed.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Exitus was screaming, you mean using CAPS?

Exitus is unable to excoriate anyone on this board. He does not control it.
Actually, they even have that wrong, since I only rarely type in all caps, and only in cases where certain posters have been repeatedly ignoring certain fundamental points of my arguments.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
My logic is not in question. Local experts on the matter (e.g. doctors who are not not you) have determined the squalor in DTLA is the reason for the outbreak. Case closed.
Please cite them for us to consider.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Please cite them for us to consider.
Yeah, okay, I'll get into my time machine and then make a Youtube of all the radio and television reports I've heard with one doctor after another stating that the Typhus outbreak is a result of the DTLA squalor...

Old 02-06-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah, okay, I'll get into my time machine and then make a Youtube of all the radio and television reports I've heard with one doctor after another stating that the Typhus outbreak is a result of the DTLA squalor...
I’ll wait here.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Let's see what the LA County Department of Health has said about it:
Person-to-person transmission does not occur. Humans are a dead-end host for flea-borne typhus. Standard precautions are indicated. Patients should contact their local animal control agency to report feral cats and opossums."

Department of Public Health - Acute Communicable Disease Control

The squalor in DLTA may create circumstances which contribute to a more rapid spread of the outbreak but no chance in hell is it THE reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles