Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:50 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times

Advertisements

Born and raised in Los Angeles. Have lived here 58 of my 59 years. I've had enough. Far too much change over those decades not only in Los Angeles but California overall also has gone to hell. The politics, traffic, taxes, homeless asking for money everywhere you go, cost of living, rude people, unsafe neighborhoods. NYC is the same. Plenty of dirty, smelly, loud areas. Cities and states catering to illegal invaders should go unfunded by our tax payers.

I've spent time traveling parts of the Midwest the past 5 years and those places are much cleaner and safer and people are friendly and strangers say hello and ask how you're doing. Most other states have lower taxes and some have no income tax. Cost of living is cheaper and you get more bang for your buck. The average price of a home in L.A. County is a joke.

Lastly driving from state to state I notice when traveling back to Los Angeles drivers from Ca. are some of the rudest in the nation. They will stay in the fast lane and not move over when cars approach them from behind. They don't care. I'm fortunate enough to have a successful online business and therefore can move basically anywhere within a reasonable distance from a UPS of Fed-Ex.

Funny thing is when traveling to other states when I tell them I'm from Ca., often their response is, "Sorry". :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 04:24 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Born and raised in Los Angeles. Have lived here 58 of my 59 years. I've had enough. Far too much change over those decades not only in Los Angeles but California overall also has gone to hell. The politics, traffic, taxes, homeless asking for money everywhere you go, cost of living, rude people, unsafe neighborhoods. NYC is the same. Plenty of dirty, smelly, loud areas. Cities and states catering to illegal invaders should go unfunded by our tax payers.

I've spent time traveling parts of the Midwest the past 5 years and those places are much cleaner and safer and people are friendly and strangers say hello and ask how you're doing. Most other states have lower taxes and some have no income tax. Cost of living is cheaper and you get more bang for your buck. The average price of a home in L.A. County is a joke.

Lastly driving from state to state I notice when traveling back to Los Angeles drivers from Ca. are some of the rudest in the nation. They will stay in the fast lane and not move over when cars approach them from behind. They don't care. I'm fortunate enough to have a successful online business and therefore can move basically anywhere within a reasonable distance from a UPS of Fed-Ex.

Funny thing is when traveling to other states when I tell them I'm from Ca., often their response is, "Sorry". :-)
Good luck finding what you want but most places have different types of problems. If you want to stay away from homeless don’t move near to any large US city. If you want to save on taxes don’t move to most east coast states. Property taxes will be higher in many places especially if you have owned your CA for a long time,thanks to Prop 13. Also expect to pay much more for heating and cooling in most other areas of the country. However, if you want less crowds etc than moving from CA would be best. Just don’t expect Utopia and be realistic.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:03 PM

567 posts, read 430,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Sorry didn't know my opinion would effect you so much. I won't post any more on this topic you can go back to enjoying your view.
You're so wrong !!

Check out the city view from the Griffith Park Observatroy.......Just Beautiful
Check out the city view from hills behind the Hollywood Bowl......Just Beautiful
Check out the city view from the Getty Center Museum......just Beautiful
Check out the city view from Runyan Park..........Just Beautiful
Check out the city view from the Palos Verdes Peninsula.....just Beautiful
Check out the city view from the various Look-Outs along Mulholland Drive......Just Beautiful
Check ou the city view from Kenneth Hahn State Park.........Just beautiful

Old 12-01-2018, 05:06 PM

567 posts, read 430,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post
Having lived in LA for almost 2 years, the realization is that most of this city looks very depressing.

Yes there are beaches, but most are crowded and flooded with tourists/druggies. And don't get me wrong, there are absolutely beautiful pockets, but step outside of those and things immediately start to look like a 3rd world country.

There is a lack of water aside from the beaches as you get inland, unless you want to drive 4 hours to Big Bear. Most of the landscape is dry and brown, including all the hiking trails and the mountains which all look the same due to the lack of greenery. Compared to much of the Bay Area, PNW, and San Diego, with tree-lined streets and bodies of water all around, LA would rank dead last. Why we still keep hearing that "LA is beautiful" and people posting pictures of a polluted and unspectacular skyline with a brown/barren backdrop is beyond me. Am I just totally missing the beauty here?
You're so wrong !!

Check out the city view from hills behind the Hollywood Bowl......Just Beautiful
Check out the city view from the various Look-Outs along Mulholland Drive......Just Beautiful

Old 12-01-2018, 08:12 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino19 View Post
You're so wrong !!

Lol sorry can't see those views while sitting in traffic on the 5 passing south central Hollywood and skid row. Ya know what the majority of Anjelinos struggling to survive see everyday in this urban jungle. I never said 100% of LA is ugly buy what you pointed out can be in the 10%. You have to drive through a lot of ugly to get to a little pretty here

Old 12-01-2018, 08:22 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
.... You have to drive through a lot of ugly to get to a little pretty here
At first I thought you were talking about a single's bar....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:40 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Good luck finding what you want but most places have different types of problems. If you want to stay away from homeless don’t move near to any large US city. If you want to save on taxes don’t move to most east coast states. Property taxes will be higher in many places especially if you have owned your CA for a long time,thanks to Prop 13. Also expect to pay much more for heating and cooling in most other areas of the country. However, if you want less crowds etc than moving from CA would be best. Just don’t expect Utopia and be realistic.
Totally agree.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:56 AM

21 posts, read 21,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
At first I thought you were talking about a single's bar....
Thanks for the much-needed humor

Old 12-02-2018, 04:12 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Ya know what the majority of Anjelinos struggling to survive see everyday in this urban jungle.
No, the majority of us are not "struggling to survive." If we were, we wouldn't live here. You make it sound as if everyone hates living here.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:24 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No, the majority of us are not "struggling to survive." If we were, we wouldn't live here. You make it sound as if everyone hates living here.
Obviously most people don't hate living here looking at our over population. But people that are commuting in traffic on the 5 everyday instead of living in the hills enjoying the views are most likely struggling. I know my niece is who's on the 5 right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles