Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:45 PM

436 posts, read 681,163 times

Advertisements

Watch out for the LA 'feeling of despair' that comes & goes. LA leads the nation in the prescribing of antidepressants for good reasons. Living in the same town with so many people with so much when you have so little (and are working your butt off to break even) gets demoralizing. Like scores of people who have come to LA chasing their dreams, you can come chase too, just don't get down to hard on yourself when your paycheck and your reality check are intertwined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 10:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
This is why you love LA? I think you are a bit off topic, brian 2.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:21 PM

436 posts, read 681,163 times
"This is why you love LA? I think you are a bit off topic.."

Yeah, I'm often wandering off-topic,

Is this on-topic enough for ya, a few LA likes from the past:

Shows at the Greek, & The Hollywood Bowl (rest in peace James Brown, I saw you here), bicycle rides through Griffith Park, visiting the Peterson Auto Museum, breakfast at The Pantry, fish tacos, eating falafel on Vermont, deli on Fairfax, dessert at Sweet Lady Jane, driving all the way on Los Virgenes Canyon from Calabasas to Malibu, looking at all those Valley lights high up on Mulholland Drive, swaps at the Rose Bowl, the Bradbury Building (I love the Bladerunner closing scene), getting invited to 'wrap' parties with friends, coming back from a gig at 1 am down Sunset Blvd. with the warm LA night air wafting through the car windows while checking out the hooker's and the beautiful party people, catering in homes of the stars, going to wonderful restaurants, going on location hunts with an old friend, seeing a classic film at The Vista in Los Feliz, or at that great restored movie house in Glendale, getting Irish food circa 1950 environs at The Tam 'o Shanter, checking out all those old 1930's-1940's Hollywood homes/apartments of friends (think of William Holden's kinda place in the movie 'Sunset Blvd.'), getting on the studio lots for jobs, hanging out in my old Los Feliz neighborhood, farmer's market on the Third Street Promenade, The Getty, kicking it on Abbot Kinney..(I'm just getting warmed up) should I go on?

Last edited by brian_2; 12-26-2006 at 03:38 PM..

Old 12-26-2006, 04:06 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Brian 2 you have respectfully given a negative of California. Not a derogarotory or venomous act, but your own opinion.

Old 12-26-2006, 06:20 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
Nice post and memories, brian 2. Sounds like you've had a very colorful and exciting past in La La Land.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:55 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,394 times
Ooops...posted on the wrong thread!

Last edited by gypsystar; 03-23-2009 at 09:03 PM..

Old 03-23-2009, 09:00 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_2 View Post
"This is why you love LA? I think you are a bit off topic.."

Yeah, I'm often wandering off-topic,

Is this on-topic enough for ya, a few LA likes from the past:

Shows at the Greek, & The Hollywood Bowl (rest in peace James Brown, I saw you here), bicycle rides through Griffith Park, visiting the Peterson Auto Museum, breakfast at The Pantry, fish tacos, eating falafel on Vermont, deli on Fairfax, dessert at Sweet Lady Jane, driving all the way on Los Virgenes Canyon from Calabasas to Malibu, looking at all those Valley lights high up on Mulholland Drive, swaps at the Rose Bowl, the Bradbury Building (I love the Bladerunner closing scene), getting invited to 'wrap' parties with friends, coming back from a gig at 1 am down Sunset Blvd. with the warm LA night air wafting through the car windows while checking out the hooker's and the beautiful party people, catering in homes of the stars, going to wonderful restaurants, going on location hunts with an old friend, seeing a classic film at The Vista in Los Feliz, or at that great restored movie house in Glendale, getting Irish food circa 1950 environs at The Tam 'o Shanter, checking out all those old 1930's-1940's Hollywood homes/apartments of friends (think of William Holden's kinda place in the movie 'Sunset Blvd.'), getting on the studio lots for jobs, hanging out in my old Los Feliz neighborhood, farmer's market on the Third Street Promenade, The Getty, kicking it on Abbot Kinney..(I'm just getting warmed up) should I go on?
Please do...I really feel you on most of these! I think you have to watch "Sunset Blvd." to really feel L.A.'s magic...

Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM

29 posts, read 82,880 times
Default L.A. just rocks

I've lived in NYC, S.F., Miami, and visited Paris and other trendy cities - - Los Angeles isn't the best (and neither are the others), but it is absolutely a beautiful city with a charm that I think many of us realize through the experience of being here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles