U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM

101 posts, read 282,046 times

Advertisements

My husband drove us up the PCH to Malibu Seafood. It's this little shack that has really fresh, delicious seafood. I really like the laid back atmosphere of Malibu.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 PM

20 posts, read 162,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Mulder- Our world needs more people like you: People with positive attitudes and major goals rather than those who take whatever life/the government hands them. I am an enthusiast of books/info from people who are sucessful. You will someday live in Malibu, and you know that. If you want it bad enough, it will be yours. It's called the law of attraction. Very few sucessful people got rich without trying. Our society loves to hate on them, but they didn't not achieve this by luck. It was accomplished through persistance, and desire. -All the best. NBMSTWD.
Thanx a lot! Appreciate it.
To add to what you said, my version is this: know what you want, know why you want it, go get it.
Sky's the limit.
Cheers!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:16 AM

436 posts, read 627,222 times
"Montecito is an amazing place.."

Gee, I wonder what p-a-s-t White House couple thought the same thing on their honeymoons?

Oops! Senior moment.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM

800 posts, read 4,177,101 times
Default Now I found a friend!

Quote:
If you want it bad enough, it will be yours. It's called the law of attraction. Very few sucessful people got rich without trying.
Newport,

I'm sooo on the same page with you So nice to see that someone else here is aware of the LOA Yay!

"Ask, Believe, and Receive." from the movie, "The Secret."

Old 12-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
Newport,

I'm sooo on the same page with you So nice to see that someone else here is aware of the LOA Yay!

"Ask, Believe, and Receive." from the movie, "The Secret."
That movie rocks!

mulder

Old 12-20-2006, 03:10 PM

800 posts, read 4,177,101 times
Mulder,

Yet another new friend for me! Very cool that you also like the movie!

Whoohoo! I'm finding the people on this board who are in vibrational alignment with their manifestations

Just was looking today at my pics of El Matador at sunset and Malibu Creek State Park...ahhh.

Where's Montecito? LOL

Old 12-20-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
Where's Montecito? LOL
In Santa Barbara, near Santa Barbara

Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 PM

85 posts, read 490,577 times
Personally, I would pick a location in Maui or Kaui as better. For one thing, coastal low clouds and fog will be a distant memory. Plus the ocean is actually warm enough to swim in...what a concept!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:30 PM

2,912 posts, read 10,722,582 times
Default Malibu's extremes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
...i found malibu to be perfect from many points of view.... just wondering if you guys know of a better city than this.
The "million-dollar-shacks" stretch near Will Roger's State Beach wouldn't be my choice even if I could afford it. That said, I've always thought the north Malibu coast from Trancas up past the County Line to Yerba Buena to be one of CA's treasures. Many a car commercial filmed along the coast and canyons there. Guess it's the lure of the "majestic coastal drive" that sells.

I’d place Malibu on par with many other places, but for their own intrinsic reasons. In a state as varied as CA, it's difficult to make simple better/worse comparisons, in my view, anyway. You usually give up something in one place to gain something else in another.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 12-20-2006 at 11:50 PM..

Old 12-24-2006, 07:33 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,337,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
i've done a fair bit of research on some cities in california and i found malibu to be perfect from many points of view...great weather, amazing location, ocean at one end, canyons at the other, slightly isolated from LA....i was just wondering if you guys know of a better city than this.

Malibu is a very beautiful place to live. However, if you will have to commute to the city everyday for 9-5 workhours, it becomes difficult as there is alot of commuter traffic.

Weekends after 11am, the northbound lanes are stop and go, especially in the summer time.

If you can work from home or avoid the commuter traffic hours, its a great place if you have the means to afford the real estate.

With regards to the fires. You buy a fire insurance policy from the state and keep the brush cleared at least 500 feet or more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles