Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:07 AM

20 posts, read 169,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Malibu is wonderful. I lived there myself for two years when I was in my early 20s. Are you planning to rent or buy a home there?
Definetely buy. It's also more like a long range goal (about 10 years or so).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 05:02 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,399 times
It's a very pretty area. I loved El Matador. I also loved driving up to Topanga

I don't think I could live there though because it feels insulated from the rest of the world, but wait, maybe that's a good thing

I say go for it! If you can dream it, you can make it happen!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post

I say go for it! If you can dream it, you can make it happen!
Right on. Thanx
Lots of people say Montecito is an amazing place to live and i've researched a bit to compare it to Malibu...it has slightly cooler temperatures in summer, more of a "normal" city vs. a beach city feel i guess and nicer architecture too.
I dunno..i think I like Montecito better now.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,024,102 times
Montecito is definitely my dream retirement city. Of course that's way off into the future. I'm only in my late 30s, lol. When I lived in DC I rented an apartment from a lady who was a flight attendant for Delta for their international flights. She was British, but made DC her home base because of her job. She was very well traveled obviously. I once asked her if she could live anywhere in the world where would it be. She said Montecito. What a compliment from a woman from England who lived in the U.S. and who traveled to nearly every capital city of Europe and Asia on a weekly basis.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
I once asked her if she could live anywhere in the world where would it be. She said Montecito. What a compliment from a woman from England who lived in the U.S. and who traveled to nearly every capital city of Europe and Asia on a weekly basis.

That is unbelievable! Thanx for sharing the story.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:00 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,802 times
I love Malibu asthetically but it's the boonies. It takes forever to get into civilization.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 PM

346 posts, read 2,140,516 times
I think Malibu is kind of overrated. And yeah it does take a while to get anywhere because it's so isolated but that's what the locals like about it. I much much much prefer Montecito. I was there the other day looking around and wow did it ever impress me. I really liked Santa Barbara also (the nicer parts) although there were definitely some sketchy parts. I like Montecito's weather better, it's accessibility to Santa Barbara, Ventura, LA or even the upper central coast. Although there are a lot of uber rich people living there, I think Montecito is probably less pretentious than Malibu.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:21 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
If Ken and Barbie lived in Malibu, it's a great place to be!

Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,125 times
Mulder- Our world needs more people like you: People with positive attitudes and major goals rather than those who take whatever life/the government hands them. I am an enthusiast of books/info from people who are sucessful. You will someday live in Malibu, and you know that. If you want it bad enough, it will be yours. It's called the law of attraction. Very few sucessful people got rich without trying. Our society loves to hate on them, but they didn't not achieve this by luck. It was accomplished through persistance, and desire. -All the best. NBMSTWD.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:41 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
If you're cool with Malibu's Most Wanted you got a free Pad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles