Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 01:27 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
So the "Libertarian" who worked for the government gets socialized medicine through Medicare, also?

And brags proudly and constantly about it, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 03:33 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And brags proudly and constantly about it, too!
Medicare, company healthcare and you pay my pension. It’s a great state!! Thank you. You gots lotsa them there fancy coffee shops!!

Old 03-21-2019, 03:48 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Medicare, company healthcare and you pay my pension. It’s a great state!! Thank you. You gots lotsa them there fancy coffee shops!!
Once again, we don't pay your pension and if you check your prior posts it seems that you aren't exactly sure how old you are so maybe you should check to see if you actually are receiving medicare?

Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Once again, we don't pay your pension and if you check your prior posts it seems that you aren't exactly sure how old you are so maybe you should check to see if you actually are receiving medicare?
Yes, some of the people of CA directly or indirectly pay my pension. What other state does it come from? Again, thanks.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Um, mine is a PPO also. Medicare is utilized first, then the health plan. It's all outstanding Anthem Plan PPO. The special districts have great plans. I'll pay a few hundred a month for it. It's far better than the plans that my friends with Calpers have. And the free plans calpers provides (cough cough) contribute to the demise of the state of CA.
If medicare is first payer, you don't have an advantage plan, you have a supplement, probably the same one that I have or one very similar. With advantage plans medicare is never billed. Medicare pays the insurance company a set amount every month. You pay any co-pays or deductibles to the provider and the insurance company pays the rest of the bill.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 03-21-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
If medicare is first payer, you don't have an advantage plan, you have a supplement, probably the same one that I have or one very similar. With advantage plans medicare is never billed. Medicare pays the insurance company a set amount every month. You pay any co-pays or deductibles to the provider and the insurance company pays the rest of the bill.
It’s an advantage plan.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
https://calmatters.org/articles/comm...ill-of-voters/

“If governors and legislators can simply ignore the will of voters, or block them from making decisions politicians don’t like, then California becomes more autocratic and less small-d democratic.

That’s the sort of thing that Third World dictators, such as Venezuela’s current despot, do. It’s the sort of thing that Democratic politicians routinely accuse Donald Trump of doing.

It disrespects the people they purport to serve.”

Great article.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
It’s an advantage plan.
Not if bills are sent to medicare

Quote:
If you get your Medicare health-care benefits through a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan such as an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) or a Private Fee-For-Service plan, then the claims are filed with the Medicare Advantage plan. Medicare pays these private insurance companies a set amount every month to administer and manage your benefits. Therefore, a separate claim does not need to be filed with Medicare.
https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/faq/...l-to-medicare/

Old 03-21-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
https://calmatters.org/articles/comm...ill-of-voters/
“If governors and legislators can simply ignore the will of voters, or block them from making decisions politicians don’t like, then California becomes more autocratic and less small-d democratic.
That’s the sort of thing that Third World dictators, such as Venezuela’s current despot, do. It’s the sort of thing that Democratic politicians routinely accuse Donald Trump of doing.
It disrespects the people they purport to serve.”
Great article.
What does that have to do with my post about medicare advantage?

Old 03-21-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Not if bills are sent to medicare
It’s a Medicare Advantage Plan. Geez. Want me to send you the literature and medical plan and open enrollment info for the past 10 years? Lol. Want to talk to my employer’s staff? Want to talk to the CEO??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles