Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 05:35 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You'd have to travel far and wide to find a place that's more racially segregated than California. And a place where there's a greater wealth discrepancy between different racial/ethnic groups.
According to this survey, California is roughly in the middle of the pack (No. 27). So try again.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...rogress/18428/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 06:11 AM

636 posts, read 611,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You'd have to travel far and wide to find a place that's more racially segregated than California. And a place where there's a greater wealth discrepancy between different racial/ethnic groups.
The wealth/income disparities aren't as stark, but otherwise that place is called Chicago.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:56 AM

427 posts, read 368,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You claim that you earn $70,000 a year. $70,000 is not "top wages", it's pretty hard to live on that in many parts of the state..maybe the pay is why your co-workers left?
$70k is a lot more than a lot of people get. But much less than being rich.

Quote:
see your anecdote and raise you mine. My wife's company has been trying to fill an open spot in TX for a mid-senior position. They felt like the local candidates were not qualified, so they have been trying to recruit locally and move that person. Been trying for a year and no one wants to relocate.
I would not move to Texas or its dreadful weather either

Old 04-03-2019, 10:33 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
its just like pump and dump but the opposite.

they are trying to short the market

Old 04-03-2019, 01:09 PM

I think another important point is people have their heads on straight in states like Arizona, they're not all fruity and nutty whackjobs like most people in L.A. I also like the fact you can still get grocery bags at the grocery store.

Last edited by MuscleCar; 04-03-2019 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-03-2019, 03:05 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
The posters in City Data and especially the California forums have to be some of the dumbest posters on earth. Every year they keep predicting on exodus and California's demise, and yet the exact opposite happens. Yet, these clueless older demographic keeps posting this nonsense time and again. I swear, I have been reading for over 10 years how our economy will collapse and everyone will leave. But the reality is that California is now the 5th largest economy in the world, our tax collection is at its highest, our crime rates are lowest, our job prospects are the best, our healthcare outcome is the best, our tourist industries are at peak, our entertainment sectors at peak, our tech sector is crushing it, our real estate is growing fast, our food, wine, restaurant industries are vibrant and crushing it. I can go on. The only people who failed are Republicans whose predictions have fallen flat and their cherished beliefs have been crushed. The more republicans leave California, the better it becomes. I mean no wonder these Republicans like that idiot Trump so much. Birds of same feather..
A user on a different board was BRAGGING how he foresaw California becoming a dump and moved out to NV 25 years ago. I was thinking - dude you are so dumb - you are so blinded by your politics that you can't even realize that you missed out on the best RE market in the country and if you had bought 25 years ago, you would have become a millionaire without even doing anything.

People are dumb.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
A user on a different board was BRAGGING how he foresaw California becoming a dump and moved out to NV 25 years ago. I was thinking - dude you are so dumb - you are so blinded by your politics that you can't even realize that you missed out on the best RE market in the country and if you had bought 25 years ago, you would have become a millionaire without even doing anything.

People are dumb.
I'm sure his RE appreciated just fine in NV

Old 04-03-2019, 03:20 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post

People are dumb.

Yeah I'm sure quite a few wish they had kept their houses and rented them out instead of selling. Homes in other states have gone up a lot as well, but nothing like L.A most likely.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:29 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
I'm sure his RE appreciated just fine in NV
Not even close to the rate.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:27 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
I think another important point is people have their heads on straight in states like Arizona, they're not all fruity and nutty whackjobs like most people in L.A. I also like the fact you can still get grocery bags at the grocery store.

You had to go there, didn't you?

Right...because caring about marine life, ecosystems and the planet is "nutty" and "fruity"? As opposed to what?

Seriously? ...Do you ever pose these statements to yourself first, to see if they aren't the slightest bit douchey before posting them?

It's rich that you call us "nutty" while you've got the likes of the Nation of Islam and Joe Arpaio in Phoenix and Steven Anderson there in Tempe.

Yep, those heads are "on straight", for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles