Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2006, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 104,977 times

Advertisements

Whats up! I'm planning to be in the disneyland area (anaheim) and we ant to check out Laguna beach while we are there.

How far is the resort from laguna? and what airport should we land at? LAX or John Wayne?

Please help me if you can! Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
John Wayne (SNA) airport is where you want to go. LAX is a major hassle.

Laguna is about 25 - 30 miles from Disneyland.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 PM

Thank you. Isn't Laguna Beach where they filmed that mtv show? Haven't seen it but people started tellin me once I told them I'm going there.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacismakaveli
Thank you. Isn't Laguna Beach where they filmed that mtv show? Haven't seen it but people started tellin me once I told them I'm going there.
I have no idea about MTV. I haven't watched MTV since they stopped running music videos.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:04 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,181 times
Quote:
Whats up! I'm planning to be in the disneyland area (anaheim) and we ant to check out Laguna beach while we are there.

How far is the resort from laguna? and what airport should we land at? LAX or John Wayne?

Please help me if you can! Thanks in advance
Actually, LAX isn't really all that bad. They've really improved traffic flow and getting in and out is quite easy -- at least for me.

However, John Wayne (SNA) is the way you wanna go. Sometimes, it can be a more expensive flying there -- but not always. Sometimes cheaper depending on how web savvy you are.

Disneyland is North-West of SNA. You'll take the 55 freeway north to the 5 freeway north. If no traffic, about fifteen minutes.

Laguna is south of SNA on the 405 (or 5 south from Disneyland -- but the 5 and the 405 combine at the El Toro "Y" -- however, you'll be heading south on the 133 to Laguna before they combine). Of course, you can always go south on the 55 all the way down to PCH, then head south on PCH through Newport and many other coastal areas and enjoy a marvelous drive (although, as you get closer to Laguna, watch your speed -- there's often a CHP officer trying to radar speeders as you arrive in town).

Anyway, RedNC is right, it's about 26-30 miles taking the freeway to Laguna. But I highly recommend PCH from the 55 (the 55 ends in the city and you'll continue on the same road thru town to PCH -- refer to a map, but it's easy).

Timewise, it'll take either a twenty minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

You'll enjoy Laguna immensely. Have fun!

Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Thanks again!
We're planning to spend a whole day at laguna and the other beaches in the area. That should be enough rite? We are going to rent a car, a friend of mine just got back and said you can get a decent car for $40 a day +$10 for the insurance...can anyone please confirm this?

Also, I've read about those packages hotels offer, where they take you to the parks and pickup and provide tickets, the parkside inn suites by disneyland quoted me $79 to universal and $77 to sea world, but said he can work me a deal...any better way to go about this?

Thanks again Caliboy and RedNC

Old 05-06-2006, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks again!
We're planning to spend a whole day at laguna and the other beaches in the area. That should be enough rite? We are going to rent a car, a friend of mine just got back and said you can get a decent car for $40 a day +$10 for the insurance...can anyone please confirm this?

Also, I've read about those packages hotels offer, where they take you to the parks and pickup and provide tickets, the parkside inn suites by disneyland quoted me $79 to universal and $77 to sea world, but said he can work me a deal...any better way to go about this?

Thanks again Caliboy and RedNC
Don't know about packages for the destinations, but you should run a check online for individual specials and just drive there directly (although having a service drive you may limit your time, you'll be less stressed by the commute). Also, if you drive to your destinations, you can take side trips in the area. Although, Universal is far north, and Sea World is way south of where you'll be. Both not in OC.

As for cars, I've picked them up for even less, but the insurance can be pricey. Check out TravelGuard, for instance, since they are a third party insurance and can be less expensive. Call your rental company and find out how much insurance will be for the car since it's not quoted in the rental price. Also, many online companies have deals and you can find some great promo codes too for rental agencies.

As for Laguna in one day. Sure. If you're just hanging out at the beach enjoying the scenery and then hanging out in the downtown area. Just rise and shine early to get a start on the day. I can be quite crowded during the heated months if you arrive late.

Enjoy.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM

Great tips. Oh yea, there are going to be In N' Out Burger's there right? lol, I love this freaking place. In Canada, we have nothing like it...

CaliBoy, how far is Huntington (spelling?) beach from laguna?

Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Great tips. Oh yea, there are going to be In N' Out Burger's there right? lol, I love this freaking place. In Canada, we have nothing like it...

CaliBoy, how far is Huntington (spelling?) beach from laguna?
Sorry P, I was in North Carolina for the last bunch of weeks and did not get a chance to respond. Wasn't ignoring you. Definitely In N Out's and Huntington, as you already know, is only about a half hour to 45 minutes via PCH.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 PM

No problem, thanks for responding...the only thing left is a car rental...We've seen convert. mustangs for about 300 for 4 days....if anyone recommend somewhere that would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles