Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalist View Post
Wow that is sooo stupid. Oh well their lost. The IE has some really nice areas and Corona isn’t even that far from Manhattan Beach to visit on occasions if being close to M beach is really all that important. The ignorant will continue to miss out on great neighborhoods.
Living at the beach is substantially different from occasionally visiting the beach. Beach communities are pricy for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor_Chester View Post
If a psychologist hooked up 1000 random people from Los Angeles County to one of those machines that measures positive and negative brain waves, how many of those 1000 people would register postive brain waves when the words "downtown Los Angeles" were mentioned?
More than would have 10 years ago. DTLA is turning into a proper downtown, and the early adapters are going to make out like gangbusters.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:07 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
You don't need written proof or statistics, some of the worlds finest educational institutions and largest corporations are in Western L.A. county. Same with pockets of wealth, and an ocean. None of this exists in the IE. Unless you think Rancho Cucamonga and Hawarden Hills are creme de la creme? Maybe I'll ask my Aunt whom owns her home 2 houses from PCH why she lives there.
I live in the IE by choice. I don’t like the humidity along the beach. Also love being near the mountaains. The best thing that I can own a house and still have a life.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor_Chester View Post
Ya but...who really wants to live or work in downtown? I'd bet 95% work there because they don't have much choice, for example, people who are in the legal profession, banking, place where their courts are. If those people have kids, I'd kick that number to 99.99% who would prefer not to live downtown.

What's the advantage especially compared to a work place with plenty of free parking, no traffic, located in a pretty, landscaped office park, loaded with amenities and is safe with clean air? Even if you're a 20 something looking for socializing after work, clubs ,dancing, bands, etc all of those things plus more outdoor things (parks, hiking, cycling, etc) are available just about everywhere EXCEPT downtown.
I've picked a beach community, but I can certainly see the attraction in a nice apartment with a view and all the art, restaurants, culture - even nightlife - within reach by an easy stroll or a short metro ride. Lived like that back in Europe, it was nice.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
I live in the IE by choice. I don’t like the humidity along the beach. Also love being near the mountaains. The best thing that I can own a house and still have a life.
While you have a point re the mountains, I like the ocean breeze. No AC, and on a quiet night with the windows open you can hear the surf, the bell buoy, and the sea lions.

The salt is murder on vehicles and the like, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles