Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in CA. Lived 55 years there. Loved the first 35-40 years. We left for many of the reasons stated by the article and other posters. Money was a big factor but I would have figured out a way years ago to make it work. Now there are to many other factors that make it not worth while for us. We moved last year and are loving life again--and living life too!!
CA will always be my home in my heart and memories but not todays CA.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:12 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
dont most of you have some playing to do in the Immigration forums? you'll get more rep points over there than here. everytime i see someone with all these rep points i look at where they most frequently post and its always the immigration/race threads. where like minded people mutually masturbate there egos for reputation points. all you coming thru with this idea of 5 million border crossers make me laugh, or the "come to LA if you want to be buddies with illegals" schtick are hilarious!!!!

LA is a world class city that has many many things to oofer the region, the state, the nation and the world.
i love LA and welcome all people who are willing to work hard and make it a better place to live. my community, full of immigrants, is a safe hard working community that is thriving. most of you might not like it, but it is perfect for me. i cant complain one bit. I love LA as it is and only wish we had a better pub trans system.
Most of you probably dont even live in LA and just want to rile people up. all you get from me is :
AJA JA JA JA JA JAJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA has many strengths and you can be one of those positive people that keep it chugging along or you could be one of those that just like to add negativity. and dont forget, its not a city that might be bad its the people. and well all the world has its share of undesirables.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:01 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
dont most of you have some playing to do in the Immigration forums? you'll get more rep points over there than here. everytime i see someone with all these rep points i look at where they most frequently post and its always the immigration/race threads. where like minded people mutually masturbate there egos for reputation points. all you coming thru with this idea of 5 million border crossers make me laugh, or the "come to LA if you want to be buddies with illegals" schtick are hilarious!!!!

LA is a world class city that has many many things to oofer the region, the state, the nation and the world.
i love LA and welcome all people who are willing to work hard and make it a better place to live. my community, full of immigrants, is a safe hard working community that is thriving. most of you might not like it, but it is perfect for me. i cant complain one bit. I love LA as it is and only wish we had a better pub trans system.
Most of you probably dont even live in LA and just want to rile people up. all you get from me is :
AJA JA JA JA JA JAJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA has many strengths and you can be one of those positive people that keep it chugging along or you could be one of those that just like to add negativity. and dont forget, its not a city that might be bad its the people. and well all the world has its share of undesirables.
Iam sure you fit right in Enjoy

Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Iam sure you fit right in Enjoy
Your posts wreak of trolling. Please, go back to your Arkansas and Immigration forums where people may actually find reading your posts worth wild. You offer no substance to your posts except for "I hate this, it's the pits, it's all trash".... blah blah blah your life must be incredibly monotonous.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 PM

493 posts, read 636,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
Your posts wreak of trolling. Please, go back to your Arkansas and Immigration forums where people may actually find reading your posts worth wild. You offer no substance to your posts except for "I hate this, it's the pits, it's all trash".... blah blah blah your life must be incredibly monotonous.
Exactly, where do you come off associating anti-illegal sentiment with Arkansas? are you insisting that anyone who voices their displeasure with lawbreakers (they are illegal) is an ignorant redneck? well, enlightened one...please shine the light upon the rest of us ignorant folks...

Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Exactly, where do you come off associating anti-illegal sentiment with Arkansas? are you insisting that anyone who voices their displeasure with lawbreakers (they are illegal) is an ignorant redneck? well, enlightened one...please shine the light upon the rest of us ignorant folks...
I believe Junkman lives in Arkansas.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Yes, Escape is correct, he lives in Arkansas. Whitechocolate, you need to calm down so you can focus on your apparent take over of Los Angeles... //www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-proper-2.html (speaking of ignorant )

Old 04-10-2008, 03:41 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
The problem with Illegal Immigration isn't just an L.A problem,but a National one.

Many people choose to live in L.A,because they don't focus their lives on just the problems,but on what the positives are in living in L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
LA is a great place to move out of. I can't understand why people would want to move to that place. The only reason I can think of is a job And illegals want to move their to be with their buddies.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
Yes, Escape is correct, he lives in Arkansas. Whitechocolate, you need to calm down so you can focus on your apparent take over of Los Angeles... //www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-proper-2.html (speaking of ignorant )

Hahah, whattt... I thought it was an isolated incident when Whitechocolate told me:

" I assume you live somewhere in the la area...well...things are going to change my friend...in both California and Texas...things are going to change...[qoute]"

All those periods are making think he has the master plan. the solution to the illegal question or something.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Not to get on my soapbox about immigration...its futile to argue about something like that here..but just throwing an idea at you..

Do any of you ever consider that los angeles is just going through growing pains? LA is still a young city...large scale immigration to an important metropolitan area is inevitable. Could LA just be in the early stages that New York was going through 100 years ago?

Is this that different than the large scale immigration of Italians and Irish into cities on the East coast in the early 20th century?

Those groups flooded into New York just like Hispanics are doing now to LA. Many speaking languages other than English.

Just like hispanics are doing now, the Italians/Irish made thier neighborhooods look like the countries they came from..overwhelmingly Italian culture in their neighborhoods. Just like hispanic immigrants now, those ethnic groups became the scapegoat for the cities' problems. They were the foreign horde taking jobs, threatening the American way of life.

Due to a few bad apples(the mafia), italians and irish were stereotyped as criminals for a very long time(even up until recent times). Just like a few bad apple Hispanic immgirants(gang members) have many people stereotyping the entire group.

In the end, did New York become Italy? No..within a few generations the people assimilated. They became productive Americans. The children of the immigrants children became what we call "Americans". No hyphens. Italians, however, did make a mark on New York population, and they left their influence on much of the city.

Way I see it, thats whats happening in Los Angeles. The only difference is that these people are brown. Its not like we are genetically built to be criminals and are incapable of being good citizens. Whether you know it or not, that is the basis of the anti-immigrant argument. That Hispanics are criminals by nature and are incapable of assimilation.

I don't see why hispanics cant do the same thing. Its bound to happen. Just because the newly immigrated don't speak english, doesnt mean their children won't learn. Show me one 2nd generation Mexican-American who doesnt speak some english.

Mexicans will have an influence on Los Angeles.....it will be like the Italians in the East Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles