Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 09:59 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
A double - double, fry & milkshake is less then $10 @ in n out. I understand they pay their employees more then minimum wage. Wonder how they do that?
How? Popularity. They don’t have a menu that’s got a million choices. They sell burgers fries and shakes. You want that you go there. If you want McNuggets, cakes, breakfast, three kinds of fries, tacos etc you go to Jack McWendys King.

Ive eaten at a lot of burger chains, I have yet to find one as good as In and Out. And for everyone who says different, the lines put to the street at EVERY in and out location....tells me different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 04:35 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Both are Christian companies, which helps.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM

255 posts, read 69,253 times
In & Out restaurants are constantly busy as others have noted, and their very loyal customers are willing to pay more for quality as are those who patronize Wendy's; numerous articles over the years have pointed out that the average checks at those two restaurants are higher than those at any other fast-food chain, and that's been the case for decades, much to the chagrin of the other chains.

The $15 minimum wage is indeed a job-killer which will only accelerate the use of automation in restaurants nationwide, much to the exasperation of various Democratic Party figures who support it.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv201 View Post
In & Out restaurants are constantly busy as others have noted, and their very loyal customers are willing to pay more for quality as are those who patronize Wendy's; numerous articles over the years have pointed out that the average checks at those two restaurants are higher than those at any other fast-food chain, and that's been the case for decades, much to the chagrin of the other chains.

The $15 minimum wage is indeed a job-killer which will only accelerate the use of automation in restaurants nationwide, much to the exasperation of various Democratic Party figures who support it.
I’ll pay more for better quality food. I could care less if most fast food places do go out of business. Probably be better for everyone.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
If you look at Tommys Facebook page they are currently offering a hamburger & fry for 4.99 if you show the promotion at check-out. Offer ends tomorrow

I do think Chick fil a & In n Outs success has a lot to do with them being Christian based. Was wondering if anyone else thought so

Old 03-12-2019, 05:48 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I think raising the minimum wage has something to do with it, but with the cost of living in LA what we pay for food is a bargain.
But the food you get is garbage. It just tastes good, but isn't healthy at all. Pay more for less.

Part of this is driven by costs and part by the major food suppliers doing anything they can to avoid high price increases by making the food in cheaper ways including a lot of added things that for instance are in a hamburger. Look at all the chemicals in everything but the meat.

https://eatouteatwell.com/whats-in-y...-besides-beef/

Per beef in your hamburger but you do not know what part of the cow it is coming from.

"An occasional trip to Mickey D’s isn’t a disaster and the burger content is beef (although who knows the source of the cows, what parts of the cow are used, and what they’ve been fed)"

Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
If you look at Tommys Facebook page they are currently offering a hamburger & fry for 4.99 if you show the promotion at check-out. Offer ends tomorrow

I do think Chick fil a & In n Outs success has a lot to do with them being Christian based. Was wondering if anyone else thought so
I think a lot of it is due to the fact they are both privately held companies .

Unlike In N Out , Chick Fil A does franchise .. but they are very picky with who they allow to open locations . They require the owner to be hands on working as an owner operator , so it is different from a lot of franchise businesses where it is common for the owners to run them passively or absentee .

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Franchising/Franchise

Old 03-12-2019, 06:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
But the food you get is garbage. It just tastes good, but isn't healthy at all. Pay more for less.

Part of this is driven by costs and part by the major food suppliers doing anything they can to avoid high price increases by making the food in cheaper ways including a lot of added things that for instance are in a hamburger. Look at all the chemicals in everything but the meat.

https://eatouteatwell.com/whats-in-y...-besides-beef/

Per beef in your hamburger but you do not know what part of the cow it is coming from.

"An occasional trip to Mickey D’s isn’t a disaster and the burger content is beef (although who knows the source of the cows, what parts of the cow are used, and what they’ve been fed)"
Mystery meat

Old 03-13-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I could care less what a person who owns a place i frequent for food believes in as far as a religion. I’ve eaten at places owned by Catholics, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Christian etc. It doesn’t matter to me. Because it’s not a factor in my choosing to eat there. What IS a factor is the service and quality of food. Even the price isn’t that huge a deal. I’ve gone to places where I dropped $40 and places where I dropped $1800. And sometimes the cheaper places have better quality food.
I don’t think most people care. I see people of all races eat at In and Out. I’m pretty sure not everyone is a Christian. I know I’m not.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:23 PM

908 posts, read 1,303,643 times
Fast food is not cheap anymore. Hadn't been to McDonald's in a long time and went a few times lately and couldn't believe how pricey it was. I feel there has been a little improvement in food quality, but paying over $10 for a Big Mac meal combo is by no means cheap. Really adds up fast if you're going multiple times per week. And the customer service process is fairly robotic. Not to say that there aren't nice employees who provide good service, but unlike places like In-N-Out and Chick Fil A, they don't provide the same level of customer service.

In-N-Out and Chick Fil A operate very efficiently with great taste and streamlined menus and often a similar or better price point than their lower quality competitors. They are both very good at training employees to provide great customer service. When you provide good quality at a good price and make a customer feel valued, you're going to have a very loyal customer base. They don't always get things right, but they're operating at a high level a significant majority of the time.

The bottom line is that labor costs and rents are through the roof and it's almost all getting passed along to the customer. Even going out to eat at "cheap" places is starting to add up, especially if you're feeding a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles