Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:08 PM

8 posts, read 39,274 times

Advertisements

Long time resident here, moved here in '94 after the quake.

Anyway, I recently sent my wife and kids off out of state to look for another house.

I'm assuming the Section 8 scumbag relocation program is going well here. From the looks of this place in the last 3 years, it looks like lawmakers and politicians have flushed the toilet for the Valley and South LA.

I really liked it here, but time and again it's shocking how people live here now. The filth of the filth and scum of the scum are here to stay. They can have it.

I hope that whomever created such legislation or whatever happened here had as much if not invested here as I did. I have lost a lot here and my kids were now afraid to go to school.

We spoke to the principal (nameless) and the response was " I don't blame you for leaving or wanting to leave. I'd do the same if I could." NICE

I didn't want to leave and start over some where else.

Did someone go out of their way to fill up MY community with scumbags who can't pick up their trash or water their lawn?

Good bye! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:55 PM

8 posts, read 39,274 times
And BTW... I forgot to mention at Panda Express, I was witness to the latest fashion statement around here. I saw a young male walk into the Panda Express I was in wearing a handkerchief/mask over part of his face. Only went above his mouth/lip area, so I knew we weren't being robbed. He was just COOL. I also liked the pants down below the buttocks area.

Didn't bother anyone, just ordered his food and left.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:16 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdaleresident View Post
You know the best way to fix your problems? Run away from them! Bye!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Palmdaleresident, I know exactly what you mean. That area has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. The attraction is the cheap housing available. Lots of people from South Central L.A. moved out there, and of course, they took their problems with them - gang activity, tagging, etc. It's very sad, because before aerospace took a major tumble back in the early 90s, Palmdale and Lancaster were nice places to live, if a bit rural.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
No offense to the residents of Palmdale and Lancaster but did you honestly think that your lil' slice of heaven was going to last forever?

When the cost of real estate started to skyrocket up in LA...everybody and their mother started moving from the worst neighborhoods in LA and the Valley to the cheap housing in Palmdale/Lancaster. And I always wondered, "Why?"

The people running from the problems in LA ARE the problems in LA. And in just a few short years they have turned those fairly sleepy communities into the "Ghetto/Barrio in the Desert"

In LA the following equation will always hold true....Cheap housing + Low income earners from not so great neighborhoods = Another not so great neighborhood.

Not to slam those not blessed to make a lot of $$$ but the bad will always ruin it for the good. There were many good people who moved to that area but unfortunately they were in the same income bracket as many not-so-great people and now their homeownership dreams are like a nightmare. The commute from Palmdale to LA is terrible so you have neighborhoods full of unsupervised kids roaming the streets.

Very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdaleresident View Post
Long time resident here, moved here in '94 after the quake.

Anyway, I recently sent my wife and kids off out of state to look for another house.

I'm assuming the Section 8 scumbag relocation program is going well here. From the looks of this place in the last 3 years, it looks like lawmakers and politicians have flushed the toilet for the Valley and South LA.

I really liked it here, but time and again it's shocking how people live here now. The filth of the filth and scum of the scum are here to stay. They can have it.

I hope that whomever created such legislation or whatever happened here had as much if not invested here as I did. I have lost a lot here and my kids were now afraid to go to school.

We spoke to the principal (nameless) and the response was " I don't blame you for leaving or wanting to leave. I'd do the same if I could." NICE

I didn't want to leave and start over some where else.

Did someone go out of their way to fill up MY community with scumbags who can't pick up their trash or water their lawn?

Old 04-13-2008, 07:46 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
boy your state is as screwed up as Nu Joisey

Old 04-13-2008, 07:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Not quite darling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post

Old 04-13-2008, 08:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,698 times
Really sad to here this. Never been up to Palmdale or Lancaster.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
There are still many nice towns/cities in California.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 AM

14 posts, read 40,978 times
You know this subject is very interesting to me. I am originally from Denver and moved to LA a little more than 3 years ago. I took a job as a property manager at a Palmdale apartment complex after being in town for only 6 months. In my mind because I was moving so far out of LA metro, I thought I had to be moving to a quiet area because it was so remote. I can say that I've never experienced anything like this before in my life. I moved into my new home and started my new job, and within 5 weeks completely moved out after a 14 year old boy shot a gun in the air on my property. There were so many tramatic experiences, I just remember never feeling really safe. My fiance told me then what you've eloquently echoed here, that lower income families have moved to these remote areas and have brought their problems with them. I think because I am African-American, my former employer thought I could handle these issues but I felt like I'd stepped into a foreign land, or at least a war-torn one. So I empathize, and agree that it's probably time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles