Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 06:19 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Funny watching ppl defend this filthy place
Who defended it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 07:05 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Dr. Drew correctly predicted or current typhus outbreak, so he's currently 1 for 1; why doubt his latest prediction?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Dr. Drew correctly predicted or current typhus outbreak, so he's currently 1 for 1; why doubt his latest prediction?
1 for 1? WOW! So he joins the hallowed Hall of Fame for Crystal Ball Gazing with such other rare notables who predicted events such as ... well, rain this winter for S. California? Newsom winning the governorship? ... Amazing! 1 for 1! It’s as if he called “heads!” and the coin flip showed George Washington!

What are the chances ... if he didn’t KNOW something other’s don’t?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:30 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Dr. Drew correctly predicted or current typhus outbreak
You and jm think alike....what a surprise.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...y-high-la.html

Old 05-24-2019, 08:19 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1 for 1? WOW! So he joins the hallowed Hall of Fame for Crystal Ball Gazing with such other rare notables who predicted events such as ... well, rain this winter for S. California? Newsom winning the governorship? ... Amazing! 1 for 1! It’s as if he called “heads!” and the coin flip showed George Washington!

What are the chances ... if he didn’t KNOW something other’s don’t?
I'm going to bookmark your post, and reference it sometime this Summer. Stay tuned, folks.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:06 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
To think of words some starting with the letter D that come to mind.......

Democrats,Deranged,Diabolical,Derailed, Diseases,Dysentery,...... Dang!

Old 05-25-2019, 08:06 AM

545 posts, read 513,600 times
Many people I know have had long bouts of coughing. So have I.

Something is going on. I thought it was allergies but it's more than that.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM

For readers who haven’t seen CA4Now’s link in the homeless thread addressing the trash piles issue:
Quote:
"So who’s tossing all that trash, turning city streets into landfills?

Without doubt, some homeless people discard junk on the streets where they live, and not always in the trash bins that dot the district by the dozens. But they don’t appear to be the biggest polluters. Not even close, and I’ll get back to that in a minute.

When I was at the Ceres Avenue trash pile, I noticed a lot of packing materials, food crates and bins that appeared to be from local businesses. Word on the street, from merchants and homeless people, was that some of the more unscrupulous merchants routinely dump their own trash on the streets or pay homeless people a few bucks to get rid of it for them.

The dumping got worse, one merchant claimed, when the city switched to a new recycling system that gave monopolies to companies in each sector of the city.

“I was paying $80 a month, and my cost went up to $300,” said the merchant, who said that rather than get gouged, some business owners began illegally dumping."

There’s a trash and rodent nightmare in downtown L.A., and plenty of blame to go around:
https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...525-story.html
And, I’ll add: you know where all that trash originates? The general public’s conspicuous consumption habits in our ‘throw away’ society. The homeless aren’t buying hardly anything, eh? They’re just picking what we throw away to reuse for a minute.

So it’s disgusting, the way the homeless just throw the trash around ... that we throw away first.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:02 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
But the liberals here think the failed politicians are great because they hate Trump and verbalize or tweet about it 24/7

Meanwhile stuff like this happens right in their backyard

Old 05-25-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I'm going to bookmark your post, and reference it sometime this Summer. Stay tuned, folks.
I don’t deny there may be disease outbreaks at any time, any place. There are outbreaks of measles, HepA, typhus, flu, every year in both urban and even rural communities all across the nation. That’s why we have the federal CDC and public health departments, all staffed by doctors and epidemiologists, all over the nation.

Predicting there might be an outbreak is like shooting fish in a barrel. And “1 for 1” is a 50% coin toss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles