U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,283,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
You know what I want you to know, and nothing more.
Oh please. You're only here for your entertainment and wasting our time.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:06 PM

56 posts, read 24,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Oh please. You're only here for your entertainment and wasting our time.
Is anyone here for anything else?

Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 PM

688 posts, read 1,668,558 times
Los Angeles is far from perfect, but Phoenix is a dump.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:49 PM

325 posts, read 228,320 times
Quote:
According to LinkedIn, the top destinations for leaving Los Angeles seem to be Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Austin. Obviously people still desire their sunshine and warmth, they just don't want the headaches. Decreased taxes and regulations are nice too. What say you?
I have friends in Phoenix who love it but they basically live in their swimming pool during the summers. So my thinking is you would have to have a place with a pool. Housing is way more affordable, so takes that stress off. But you have to be able to deal with the heat. I couldn't.

Vegas? Why anyone would move there is beyond me. Might as well just go to Phoenix then, you get a better city with better lifestyle yet similar weather

Austin? Younger people seem to be enamored with it. I hear it's a great place for a foodie. I'm sure it is. Texas has some great BBQ and Tex Mex and whatever else. It has a green and humid landscape. Some people hate the humidity. But it's the south. You'll be dealing with homesickness for a year or so and miss the mountains and the easy escape to the cold. But of all three, it would definitely be an experience. A big change in life.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:42 AM

29 posts, read 16,235 times
If you are color-race conscious, I would not recommend Texas, other than perhaps some podunk West texas town or Fort Worth.

Don't go to Austin, San Antonio, or Houston, your attitude won't be welcome.

I'm actually thinking of going from TX to SoCal

Old 06-09-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiIQ View Post
I'm actually thinking of going from TX to SoCal
Used to happen all the time. Why I have to laugh now when Texans complain about the CA to Texas migration lol

I vividly remember during some oil bust in Texas maybe 15 years ago all the texas realtors and appraisers flooding into CA for work

Old 06-09-2019, 09:05 PM

6,009 posts, read 3,556,120 times
Quote:
According to LinkedIn, the top destinations for leaving Los Angeles seem to be Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Austin.
Sorry, but those places are full and traffic is getting worse in those places.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Sorry, but those places are full and traffic is getting worse in those places.
everywhere is getting crowded, at least major cities

My thinking is that people will be seeking out small towns and rural areas as time goes by. The only sanity left.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 PM

1,779 posts, read 4,085,264 times
I'm sure those 3 cities are nice,but none of them offers what L.A or California has.

Quote:
According to LinkedIn, the top destinations for leaving Los Angeles seem to be Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Austin. Obviously people still desire their sunshine and warmth, they just don't want the headaches. Decreased taxes and regulations are nice too. What say you?

Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 PM

29 posts, read 16,235 times
Texas, for the average person to generate wealth/savings, is better than CA from every article I've read and person I spoke with.

Low COL, good job market, more bang for your buck = more money in your pocket.

If I could pickup the people of Houston and transplant them in OC, I'd be happy. Good people, good state. Not too crazy left or right politically. Hard working folks that treat others with respect, second in diversity only to Manhattan (look it up).

Once you've worked you a55 off and made a bit of money, you may want to take it easy for a bit and get back to the fundamentals of being a human. Quality of life.

If SoCal cannot afford this to me, I don't really care for it. I'm not drawn by glitz and glamour, I could care less. If I see a celebrity, I may not even shake his/her hand, unless I respect them as an artist. The draw was for year round good weather, scenery, nature. My eyes and mind feel refreshed near water. There are plenty of options for children, a major international airport is within 1 hour. These are things that are important to me. Florida's got the hurricanes I'd like to avoid, and the heat and humidity. No thanks, got that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
Used to happen all the time. Why I have to laugh now when Texans complain about the CA to Texas migration lol

I vividly remember during some oil bust in Texas maybe 15 years ago all the texas realtors and appraisers flooding into CA for work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles