Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 02:54 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No, it's called civic responsibility, and I'm glad there are still people out there who care enough about law and order to take the time to provide assistance to law enforcement officers, especially considering that the driver playing with their phone could have taken somebody's life if a different vehicle was in front of her.

You are welcome to use your civic responsibility. The rest of us will continue doing as we be doing which is texting and driving. Also talking on the phone and driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 02:59 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
You are welcome to use your civic responsibility. The rest of us will continue doing as we be doing which is texting and driving. Also talking on the phone and driving.
You rebel you. My wife was a traffic cop and went out of her way to make sure a ticket for any of that was long and arduous. It was great fun on ride alongs.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You rebel you. My wife was a traffic cop and went out of her way to make sure a ticket for any of that was long and arduous. It was great fun on ride alongs.
She first would need to catch me. Also she could only take reasonable amount of time to issue me a ticket per us supreme court ruling.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:38 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
She first would need to catch me. Also she could only take reasonable amount of time to issue me a ticket per us supreme court ruling.
Are you using a VPN? If not, your ISP has a record of you being here, which is unfortunate since you've admitted to engaging in illegal activity on a public forum. If you're ever in a major accident, you better hope they don't look at your ISP's records and find these posts of yours.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Are you using a VPN? If not, your ISP has a record of you being here, which is unfortunate since you've admitted to engaging in illegal activity on a public forum. If you're ever in a major accident, you better hope they don't look at your ISP's records and find these posts of yours.

As a matter of fact yes i have VPN but that is irrelevant. No cop is going to try find my random post on city data and somehow match it to me. What i post here is basically irrelevant but nice try

Old 09-18-2019, 03:56 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
It's now been illegal for more than two and a half years to hold a phone while driving, so rather than spend $0.99 on a phone mount that can attach to an air vent and comply with the law and operate a vehicle in a safer manner, people continue to put the lives of others in jeopardy by hiding their phone on their lap and looking down while blowing through residential neighborhoods. Seriously?
if you use your phone for calling, you are old school.

the phone mount is used only for navigation.

the reason people still hold their phones is to check/read messages, social media

your age is showing

Old 09-18-2019, 05:14 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Quote:
No, the problem is that it is NOT happening. Just tonight, for the ten trillionth time, I saw somebody speeding down my street with their eyes looking down at their lap.
Yep. A woman doinig this rear-ended my last year. She lied, said her phone was in the passenger seat but shen she found it, it was jammed up under the steering wheel. It had to have been in her lap.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:45 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
if you use your phone for calling, you are old school.

the phone mount is used only for navigation.

the reason people still hold their phones is to check/read messages, social media

your age is showing
You mean my good judgement is showing, because when I drive my principal concern is safety.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I drive like i'm in a race, no time to look at the phone.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:28 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Distracted driving tickets were the easiest for me to cite. I didn't even have to go looking for them. I don't know how many times I pulled up next to or behind a vehicle and the driver never realized I was there filming them with my dash cam until it was too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles