U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 09:49 PM

172 posts, read 44,684 times

Advertisements

Ten Thousand on Santa Monica Blvd https://www.yelp.com/biz/ten-thousand-los-angeles
What else do you need?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 06:39 AM

73,782 posts, read 86,247,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
Ten Thousand on Santa Monica Blvd https://www.yelp.com/biz/ten-thousand-los-angeles
What else do you need?
Great pics like that are what bring people to Los Angeles, then reality sets in and it isn't all quite like that. Still thanks for sharing; awesome!!!

Old 01-08-2020, 08:52 AM

330 posts, read 180,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Great pics like that are what bring people to Los Angeles, then reality sets in and it isn't all quite like that. Still thanks for sharing; awesome!!!
Exactly what the Rose Parade has been beaming into television sets around the world for decades. Imagine people in Siberia, Canada, and the mid-west watching sunny So Cal and beautiful flowers (indicating a mild growing season immediately prior to New Year's Day) on their TV. They look outside the window at their own miserable 100-feet of snow and ice and immediately make California a dreamed of destination.

I blame Bob and Stephanie for LA's overcrowding.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:12 PM

172 posts, read 44,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well, if he wants to spend $15k every month on housing, great food, nice outfits, sport clubs, German cars, beautiful women, he will find it all at the walking distance from his job in Century City and Beverly Hills.

Here is an inspiration for him.

American Gigolo Filming Locations:
  • The opening is of Richard Gere driving his 450SL along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.
  • Gere first meets Lauren Hutton's character at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
  • Gere's apartment/hotel was supposed to be Wilshire blvd in Westwood, but was actually in the Sunset Plaza section of West Hollywood.
  • Much of the action is centered around then-trendy Westwood Village.
  • He meets his female pimp (and later Lauren Hutton) at Perino's
  • The gay bar he visits was Probe on LaBrea Avenue, an actual gay bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4DI71X6PeM

Last edited by vincenze; 01-08-2020 at 02:53 PM..

Old 01-10-2020, 08:32 AM

330 posts, read 180,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
Well, if he wants to spend $15k every month on housing, great food, nice outfits, sport clubs, German cars, beautiful women, he will find it all at the walking distance from his job in Century City and Beverly Hills.

Here is an inspiration for him.

American Gigolo Filming Locations:
  • The opening is of Richard Gere driving his 450SL along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.
  • Gere first meets Lauren Hutton's character at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
  • Gere's apartment/hotel was supposed to be Wilshire blvd in Westwood, but was actually in the Sunset Plaza section of West Hollywood.
  • Much of the action is centered around then-trendy Westwood Village.
  • He meets his female pimp (and later Lauren Hutton) at Perino's
  • The gay bar he visits was Probe on LaBrea Avenue, an actual gay bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4DI71X6PeM
Is that where he is also introduced to gerbils?

Old 01-11-2020, 06:48 PM

99 posts, read 266,025 times
The way you described yourself is like the most generic npc type person almost like a carbon copy android human. Lol sorry just thought that was funny.

Old 01-13-2020, 04:25 PM

17,202 posts, read 21,300,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Maybe Manhattan Beach or Beverly Hills. To be honest, you kind of south like a South OC kind of guy or maybe Newport Beach, but the commute would be too much.
The distance from Century City to Manhattan Beach is 16 miles. JMO, I wouldn't do that commute.

Beverly Hills is a great idea, or West Hollywood.

Why move here and start off giving yourself a long commute if you don't have to?

Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM

5 posts, read 1,189 times
Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it. I was wondering something; if I am looking for a young affluent preppy neighborhood to live where I can make friends with others in my neighborhood; would Brentwood be good for me? Also what is the difference between Beverly Hills and Brentwood (as far as you know). Thanks again for all your help.

Old Today, 12:14 AM

Location: San Francisco/East Bay and Los Angeles, formerly DC, Connecticut, and Boston
2,420 posts, read 3,584,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn2272002 View Post
Also what is the difference between Beverly Hills and Brentwood (as far as you know). Thanks again for all your help.
Beverly Hills is more centrally located, which can make a big difference when you're socializing. You might also like West Hollywood. Can commute straight down Santa Monica Blvd and if you're near Sunset there's plenty to walk to.

I lived on the East Coast my entire life until four years ago (I'm 46) and hard to say if there are really preppy parts of LA like you have in say Greenwich, New Canaan, or even parts of the Upper East Side. Closest thing might be La Cañada Flintridge, but that's a family area with a rough commute to Century City.

But I hear you. My wife, who's from the hipster paradise of Portland, Oregon, tells me I look "too Connecticut" sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or