Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 11:51 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Though not East L.A., pretty sure I’ve heard the area referred to as “the east side” several times.
Never heard that and whomever called it that is completely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
For the hills, they've always been nice, for the flats, they went through a period of decline, but gentrification was complete by probably 2005 for the Los Feliz flats and 2010 for Silver Lake.
Yes, the portions along Sunset Blvd. for Los Feliz and Silverlake have gentrified. The area of Silverlake close to the reservoir has always been desirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 12:12 PM

2,512 posts, read 1,298,831 times
Some people say that it's the 101 that divides the good and bad areas in LA.
It's usually hotter east to the 101. It's important for those who like to wear shorts all year round, even in February.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:11 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post

Yes, the portions along Sunset Blvd. for Los Feliz and Silverlake have gentrified. The area of Silverlake close to the reservoir has always been desirable.
https://www.laweekly.com/city-declar...-the-eastside/

It’s definitely a thing.

It’s not correct, just like Ohio really isn’t “Midwest” but appears to a part of L.A.s wider rebranding.

Old 02-04-2020, 05:31 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,973,589 times
Quote:
https://www.laweekly.com/city-declar...-the-eastside/

It’s definitely a thing.

It’s not correct, just like Ohio really isn’t “Midwest” but appears to a part of L.A.s wider rebranding.
Haha, love the April Fool's Day article making fun of people who call these neighborhoods the East-side. Great satire, especially the part about having the Army Corps of Engineers moving the LA River to the West so the neighborhoods could really be the East-side.

Old 02-04-2020, 05:43 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post

It's definitely a thing. I recently saw an article about this and now theres people calling it "the fake east-side"

Old 02-04-2020, 07:18 PM

136 posts, read 123,768 times
Los Feliz is really very nice. Problem is, it is surrounded by crap.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
It's definitely a thing. I recently saw an article about this and now theres people calling it "the fake east-side"
Its a branding move to give Los Feliz/Echo Park/Silver Lake (and downtown by proxy) destination status like L.A. west of La Brea.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Its a branding move to give Los Feliz/Echo Park/Silver Lake (and downtown by proxy) destination status like L.A. west of La Brea.
How silly. It doesn't need that.

Old 02-05-2020, 07:16 PM

7 posts, read 5,328 times
Los Feliz is one of the best if not the best neighborhoods in LA anyone who's lived in LA longer than 10 years knows this

Old 02-05-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Santa Monica sucks, it's touristy and has an increasing amount of drug addicts and criminals. Oh and human feces. Look up SantaMonicaProblems on instagram.

I personally enjoy the east-side i.e. highland park, eagle rock etc. and some of the fake east-side like Echo Park. Most of the shows I go to are in DTLA or close to Koreatown. Never ever Santa Monica. Westside is boring and flat. Manhattan Beach is nice though.
What I wonder is why Santa Monica is always getting lumped in with L.A. city.

Every time I see a Youtube "influencer" make a video about what they don't like about L.A. there's always a "lets say you live downtown and you want to go see your friend in Santa Monica, its 16 miles away and it takes you ....etc" example (and of course they won't take the Expo line).

Oh so you mean getting through the densest part of a city with 4 million people to another city 16 miles away takes a long time? Kind of seems like something that would happen anywhere the laws of physics apply.

At any rate I agree that SaMo really isn't much. The south bay beach cities seem to have way more character. SaMo has a theme park feel to the extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles