Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 08:55 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
It's not horrible at all. They dug their own grave by acting like the way they do. They make themselves look bad ... A few rough gangster drug dealers and killers make the whole race look bad.
Please stay in Texas LMAO !
This is why I left that state decades ago as soon as I was 18 , I could not stand the backwards ignorance .. seriously this comment is laughable .

As to the OP I shop all over that place and have no special cards other than VISA and Mastercard . I see all colors of people there .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 02-14-2020 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 10:51 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
The only thing I could think about is maybe something like a FoundersCard? But even that is more of the urban myth variety...

Old 02-14-2020, 04:07 PM

34 posts, read 37,292 times
Cash rules everything round me C.R.E.A.M! lol

Old 02-14-2020, 07:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Whenever I'm shopping for a new Omega or whatever in Beverly Hills, I enter a store, immediately throw about 20 gold bullion coins on the counter, and ask, "Do you take gold?"

So much more classy than shopping with a plastic card like a pleb.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:13 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
The only thing I could think about is maybe something like a FoundersCard? But even that is more of the urban myth variety...
Wholesalers card I would imagine. I don’t know about Beverly Hills but most of the decent stores in the downtown fashion District only sell wholesale.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:12 PM

9 posts, read 6,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Do you need to shop in Beverly Hills with a special card in some stores?

I had some lady friends tell me this was needed.

However they were women of color.

So I don’t know if they experienced racism.
Absolutely not. You can shop anywhere with the same normal credit cards. Your friends may have encountered a moody sales clerk. Famous people have the same credit cards everyone else does.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:45 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
It's not horrible at all. They dug their own grave by acting like the way they do. They make themselves look bad ... A few rough gangster drug dealers and killers make the whole race look bad.
Folks give this girl a break. I'm black and can't even argue. Excuses and denial never helped anybody. If you wanna keep it real, when black people become cops and their worst confrontations are with other black people; blacks open storefront business' in a black neighborhood and always got people asking for the hookup or flat out stealing, or looting the place when there's a riot; or black teachers who realize the black students in the school are typically the worst behaved..so yes we see the same thing everybody else sees.
Her mistake if any was she said "A FEW", and unfortunately it's a lot more. It's my reality that I live with and I understand I pay for the sins of many, that stores, nice restaurants and nice neighborhoods hate to see black people coming and I get it. Ever seen any video of a mall being overrun by teens, you can many on youtube. It's typically not white and Asian kids. And If she is so wrong, than why do well off blacks out here move to areas with minuscule black populations?

As for the OP, I think u heard something foolish that doesn't exist. Money talks. Period

Last edited by jacktravern; 02-21-2020 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Missing sentence

Old 02-21-2020, 08:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Sorry Texas that view is just wrong.
I see great people in all colors.
I also see trashy people in all colors.

It is not hard to see.
Try giving it a shot.
K?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles