Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Please you guys take your personal disagreement to private messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Oh really you know why I posted what I did? No, you do not. Rule #1 of Living in L.A.: Mind your own business. If you do not learn this rule, what you're getting from me will be a picnic compared to the unrestrained people who you will be meeting face-to-face who don't like people not only getting in their business, but not knowing what they are talking about while they are doing it.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:10 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Please you guys take your personal disagreement to private messages.
Sorry to interrupt your thread with it. Didn't mean to. I tried being the bigger person and private messaging an apology once, but that didn't work so I'm over it. Like I said in my last post, I'm done. So I'm not even replying to what she said anymore. Sorry again.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:37 PM

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 AM

22 posts, read 60,299 times
Default professional opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholes33 View Post
Hi, my husband and I are going to be relocating to the Los Angeles area in the next month or so. We don't know much about any of the areas so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! A little about what we're looking for......he is an airline pilot so being within an hour or so from the airport is a must. Since he will be gone often we would like an area that is very safe. We will be looking for a 2bd, 2bth, to rent for no more than $1500. We prefer the more laid back not so "Hollywood" style living. We have heard a lot about Santa Clarita Valley, I've done some research and it sounds like that might be what we are looking for. My biggest concern is how long does it really take to get to LAX from there? Thank you for any opinions!
Culver City is your best bet. I don't think you'll get a 2br/2bth for that. But it is close and a nice area. You can get a condo there starting at $300k.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
We get it you don't like L.A. You want to leave. Southwest Airlines has a one way flight for under $100 (you'd have to wait two weeks for that fare, sorry). Good Luck and Happy Flight. I know because I've driven it, it only takes 13 hours to drive from L.A. to Denver. If you sat in the 3rd St Promenade one weekend with a sign that reads "I HATE LA. PLEASE SEND ME HOME. I NEED $100. THANK YOU" I promise you'll have the money before the weekend is over. You can always try Traveler's Aid society. Call the people who are so desperate to get back to in Denver. If they know how miserable you are and how cheap it is to help you get home, they'll contribute as well. I'm not trying to be mean it's just annoying to read how much you hate L.A. and act as though you are imprisoned here. Now you know you have options. Use them and go BE HAPPY.
Very well stated!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Does your husband need LAX. Can he work out of Burbank? That's alot closer to Santa Clarita?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethihomes View Post
Culver City is your best bet. I don't think you'll get a 2br/2bth for that. But it is close and a nice area. You can get a condo there starting at $300k.
Yes Culver City would be good too. Myself, I'd prefer Torrance, but CC might be more affordable. Both have comfortable summer weather. Note that SCV gets very hot in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles