Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 09:00 AM

25 posts, read 25,546 times

Advertisements

It's the "rebels" who refuse to obey the rules right now that are walking around spreading the virus because "they" don't feel any symptoms. That is why this quarantine keeps getting extended. They even extended it in San Diego until further notice.

If people were less selfish and stopped thinking of themselves as victims perhaps this quarantine would not still be enforced by now. What people are complaining about are first world problems!

Spoiled first world problems!

There are other countries where people have it far worse and they do not complain as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 10:09 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Can't you people just stay at home? Many people are, but I cannot believe how many buttheads have been out and about for no legitimate reason and without their face covered. Around half the people I see walking, and walking now seems to be one of L.A.'s new favorite pastimes since it's highly discouraged, are covering their face. And NONE of the people I see jogging, which is now another favorite L.A. pastime, are covering their face either. WTF? I see so many joggers now that it looks like the L.A. Marathon is passing by my house. Some of you people are so unbelievably agitating.

"Oooh, look at me, I'm so naughty because I'm walking or jogging without a mask on. Ah-hur-hur-hur."

Good grief. Cretins.
Per the safer at home order, masks are not required, but recommended, for talking a walk or run, in your own neighborhood. It is required for interacting directly with people, grocery shopping, etc, etc. A LOT of people are not practicing social distancing--even with masks on---so I can understand your concern there.

The safer at home links to this for LA....which then links to the state links, as well.

https://corona-virus.la/FaceCovering

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...-Guidance.aspx

https://www.lamayor.org/sites/g/file...onOrdAPR10.pdf

As a runner-not a jogger, multiple NYC half marathons, amongst others, under my belt--I, personally, cannot cover my face when I run. However, I am practicing extreme social distancing when I run--I've almost been hit by a few cars (who were speeding down side roads, which is also illegal) making sure to put WAY more than 6 feet between myself and others. I know--and have seen--many others that are not doing that. I've called out many people, myself--you should, too, if you are uncomfortable.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:19 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post

As a runner-not a jogger, multiple NYC half marathons, amongst others, under my belt--I, personally, cannot cover my face when I run. However, I am practicing extreme social distancing when I run--I've almost been hit by a few cars (who were speeding down side roads, which is also illegal) making sure to put WAY more than 6 feet between myself and others. I know--and have seen--many others that are not doing that. I've called out many people, myself--you should, too, if you are uncomfortable.
If you want to be cussed out, go right ahead and let me know that i should stay 6 feet away from you. Just be prepared to hear what i think about your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodman120 View Post
It's the "rebels" who refuse to obey the rules right now that are walking around spreading the virus because "they" don't feel any symptoms. That is why this quarantine keeps getting extended. They even extended it in San Diego until further notice.

If people were less selfish and stopped thinking of themselves as victims perhaps this quarantine would not still be enforced by now. What people are complaining about are first world problems!

Spoiled first world problems!

There are other countries where people have it far worse and they do not complain as much.

Yes i am a rebel that cares about my individual civil liberty and not about the community. Those so called rules are in violation of individual liberty.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:35 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
If you want to be cussed out, go right ahead and let me know that i should stay 6 feet away from you. Just be prepared to hear what i think about your suggestion.

Yes i am a rebel that cares about my individual civil liberty and not about the community. Those so called rules are in violation of individual liberty.
That's your right to speech and that's fine by me. Just don't get in my personal space or you will have to hear it from me--which is also my right to speech.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Per the safer at home order, masks are not required, but recommended, for talking a walk or run, in your own neighborhood. It is required for interacting directly with people, grocery shopping, etc, etc. A LOT of people are not practicing social distancing--even with masks on---so I can understand your concern there.

The safer at home links to this for LA....which then links to the state links, as well.

https://corona-virus.la/FaceCovering

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...-Guidance.aspx

https://www.lamayor.org/sites/g/file...onOrdAPR10.pdf

So you're saying it's OK for you to run with no mask, but others need to follow the rules and wear one?

How do you know you won't come across someone walking down their driveway?(just an example, you can't say for sure someone won't cross paths with you).

I agree the cars shouldn't be speeding, but apparently a lot of people seem to think lighter traffic means you can speed. which is very foolish.

Can you not see what you're doing?I would also not be so quick to call people out when you're not wearing a mask, you don't know who might have just lost their job, or their dealing with a family situation such as a serious illness or death, that isn't even connected with the current situation. And they can't visit the person in the hospital or even have a funeral.

I'm saying people are on edge. So if you can't run with a mask, than find another form of getting exercise for the time being.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:53 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post

What about violations of decency? Nobody here likes your attitude. Furthermore, almost everything that is being enforced is constitutional. Because Blue Laws are, and these are daily and emergency-only vs. all Sundays.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:12 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
What about violations of decency? Nobody here likes your attitude. Furthermore, almost everything that is being enforced is constitutional. Because Blue Laws are, and these are daily and emergency-only vs. all Sundays.

Violations of decency? You can't restrict 1st amendment by using decency. Court been striking that for very long time. Only thing you can restrict are fighting words

Old 04-16-2020, 01:42 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Since when is walking around your own area discouraged? Last I heard they told people to do that and stay out of the trails and the parks which are now closed. But go for a walk in your own area like around the block.

People do need to get some exercise, it helps relieve stress. Are children supposed to sit in front of computer all day and of course eat? Do we need more obese people in this country?

You seem to see a lot of people out and about, so aren't you also out and about?

I get what you're saying about the no masks, but how do you know they're not walking to a store?
I believe it was either our Mayor or our Governor who asked people to try not going out unless it's necessary. I'm leaning towards our Mayor on that but I may be mistaken.

If people have an insatiable desire to walk during the day, fine, but they could at least cover their pie holes and show some good old fashioned consideration for others.

For cardio I do weight training. And I lift for bulk, not tone, so my heart rate gets plenty high at the end of each set. And there are plenty of other things people can do for cardio, such as push-ups, jumping jacks, etc.

And the people I see are passing my home, so no, I don't need to be out to see them.

And I know they're not going to the store by their attire. And people don't jog to stores typically because they don't want to perspire in the store. And I know by their body language that they're new in the neighborhood. Trust me, the people to whom I'm referring ain't going to the store.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:48 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
I sincerely appreciate that. Unfortunately, most joggers/runners are not showing that same degree of consideration. Just recently, while bringing in my trash cans, a jogger got six feet, zero inches from me. And I was very annoyed over it. And I see joggers all the time only keeping six feet from others, when as we both know, it really needs to be way more than that if somebody is breathing heavy.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:54 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
As a runner-not a jogger, multiple NYC half marathons, amongst others, under my belt--I, personally, cannot cover my face when I run. However, I am practicing extreme social distancing when I run.
I'm a mountain biker and I also cannot wear a mask while riding. I would asphyxiate while climbing hills. I get as far away from other people as I can when I pass them, but the trails are only so wide. Many hikers are wearing masks, and the ones who are not--well, I'm assuming they're not worried, and I am not either. I think the chances of either picking up or passing on a virus in the 1.5 seconds I am within 6 feet of someone in the great outdoors are extraordinarily slim.

Sorry if that makes me a sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles