Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 08:03 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Have more cashiers. Few people want to be in a supermarket long under any circumstances.

Mayor Garcetti made an off-the-cuff comment in today's news conference about not wanting people to shop as families, which is what I'd said earlier about a reason stores are using lines.
Oh absolutely, have more cashiers. I noticed the 99 cents has added cashiers.

But I do think a time limit needs to start. Many today have an "all about me" attitude. No reason you can't shop in under 30 minutes. It will get the lines moving quicker and ease down on the stress.

Spoke with a friend today and he saw a woman blocking the aisle with her cart and on her cell phone, having a chat. He said something to her. Not acceptable.

Have a list(most people shop at the same store so you know where things are), keep off your phone, and take care of the task at hand.

Last edited by seain dublin; 03-30-2020 at 09:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 10:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Stores could put up "Please don't loiter" signs. I highly doubt that anyone takes 30 minutes unless the checkout line is very line.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:04 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
So Sprouts has cut hours closing at 8 PM now

Old 04-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Is any store staying open past that? It personally frustrates me.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Is any store staying open past that? It personally frustrates me.
My last time at Ralph's they had expanded from their initial emergency hours to 7:30 to 10:30. So I detoured to Smart and Final which was closer than Ralph's at 8

Old 04-01-2020, 01:45 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
Sprouts and Costco in Culver, have lines outside and I've found people have been pretty good with distancing. They also have markers outside that indicate 6 feet. Both stores have been very well stocked, too.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Sprouts and Costco in Culver, have lines outside and I've found people have been pretty good with distancing. They also have markers outside that indicate 6 feet. Both stores have been very well stocked, too.

I just came from Vons in Silverlake, no waiting today. Store wasn't too crowded. They don't want you bringing reusable bags, which is fine. But they're still charging you for bags. That's a bit much. They can afford to give you plastic or paper bags.

Their employees are under a lot of stress as anyone is who is one of these jobs. They didn't sign up for this, none of us did. But they should stop charging for bags. And bring your own wipes...LOL. They aren't supply those either which they used to have at the front of the store before all this.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I just came from Vons in Silverlake, no waiting today. Store wasn't too crowded. They don't want you bringing reusable bags, which is fine. But they're still charging you for bags. That's a bit much. They can afford to give you plastic or paper bags.

Their employees are under a lot of stress as anyone is who is one of these jobs. They didn't sign up for this, none of us did. But they should stop charging for bags. And bring your own wipes...LOL. They aren't supply those either which they used to have at the front of the store before all this.
They can afford it but its against the law for them to pick up the tax/fine as mommy state forces you to submit

Old 04-01-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
My last time at Ralph's they had expanded from their initial emergency hours to 7:30 to 10:30. So I detoured to Smart and Final which was closer than Ralph's at 8
I just found a Pavilion's that closes at 9. I guess the formerly 24-hour stores and those that weren't are on different schedules, but the hours are similar in each category among a given chain's locations.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I just found a Pavilion's that closes at 9. I guess the formerly 24-hour stores and those that weren't are on different schedules, but the hours are similar in each category among a given chain's locations.
During the first week I would shop at Sprouts and CVS, now for the second week they have limited their hours more so than their competition so now I am at Ralph's Smart & Final and Rite Aid.

I have noticed that the independent restaurants even though essential are giving up and other places like auto lube have cut their hours as well as their staffs. With the Mayor seeing construction workers and helping each other thus a video going out public I bet he closes that business down. What will happen to raw materials coming in on schedules if he does that is not clear to me, Road repair crews seem to be trying to catch up now that they have open streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles