Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 02:42 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
The problem with the "recovered" figures at the aforementioned/linked website is we don't really know what is meant. It doesn't appear to mean anything other than "not dead" and perhaps "absence of active coronavirus."

I would like to see further statistics about the condition of the "recovered."

HEALTHY should be our goal. Simply not dying of the coronavirus should not be the goal.

Who wants lifelong lung or kidney damage?

Back to Governor Newsom: He's doing a great job for all Californians.
Youve missed the point. I linked to the homepage of that website so that people can do their own easy research and not rely on heavily editorialized media. One set of stats out of there may not mean much. But most definitely the infections and deaths from other countries that are ahead of us is very important information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 06:33 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I don’t understand why you keep arguing this. Number of deaths each day has also been flat for the past 10 days or so.
I don't know what you're reading. We just had 31 deaths in one day, 4/11/20, in L.A. County.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't know what you're reading. We just had 31 deaths in one day, 4/11/20, in L.A. County.
Spiked Saturday and Sunday you are correct on this one. Of course I hadn’t read those numbers at the time I posted.

I will note deaths lag cases.

Old 04-13-2020, 01:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Article credits Newsom for "strong action [that] appears to be bending the curve." Even Trump gave him a little compliment.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ovid-19-159945
I am sure Newsom has done as good a job as most governors have done and better than some, but I also don't think I would judge anyone based on something the left leaning politico prints.

Old 04-13-2020, 01:33 PM

57 posts, read 39,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Article credits Newsom for "strong action [that] appears to be bending the curve." Even Trump gave him a little compliment.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ovid-19-159945
Good!

Old 04-13-2020, 01:52 PM

Some want to see some follow through.

Newsom was the first governor in the nation to issue a stay-at-home order for people not engaged in essential services, such as providing healthcare, bagging groceries or operating gas stations. Garcetti was the first mayor to ask people to wear homemade masks when out and about.

But that’s just verbal jabber mixed with persuasion and cheerleading.

Gov. Newsom’s California Health Corps to fight coronavirus is unprecedented. Now he needs to produce:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ps-coronavirus

Old 04-14-2020, 09:19 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
I saw on TV that 3 churches in the inland empire are suing Christian hating Newsom so they can meet.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:48 PM

Gov. Newsom has listed 6 goals that must be met before the stay at home order can be lifted.

The new parameters Newsom outlined Tuesday suggested the state must meet a high bar before walking back the order. The administration highlighted six key indicators for altering his stay-home mandate, including the ability to closely monitor and track potential cases, prevent infection of high-risk people, prepare hospitals to handle surges, develop therapeutics to meet demand, ensure schools, businesses and child-care facilities can support social distancing, and develop guidelines for when to ask Californians to stay home again if necessary.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ia-order-goals

Old 04-14-2020, 02:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Gov. Newsom has listed 6 goals that must be met before the stay at home order can be lifted.

The new parameters Newsom outlined Tuesday suggested the state must meet a high bar before walking back the order. The administration highlighted six key indicators for altering his stay-home mandate, including the ability to closely monitor and track potential cases, prevent infection of high-risk people, prepare hospitals to handle surges, develop therapeutics to meet demand, ensure schools, businesses and child-care facilities can support social distancing, and develop guidelines for when to ask Californians to stay home again if necessary.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ia-order-goals
Nice six points. I don’t see any details or even an outline on how these are going to be accomplished. I don’t expect solid dates but I expected more than a six point outline.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:10 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I saw on TV that 3 churches in the inland empire are suing Christian hating Newsom so they can meet.
Really? I'm shocked.

Three far-right, so-called Christian churches, behaving very hateful and un-Christian-like, sue Newsom so that they can open up and have mass-infection meetings whereby their members share the virus and then spread COVID-19 outside their own little cult into Southern California.

On the one hand, they say they can practice safe distancing, and on the other, the pastor has said he "believes that Scripture commands him as a pastor to lay hands on people."

How does that work exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles