U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 09:49 AM

33,611 posts, read 57,606,173 times

Advertisements

I voted for him but didnt have high hopes, but I am very pleased at how he has risen to the occasion and is precisely the strong and proactive leader we need at this time.

I also greatly appreciate how completely unpolitical his leadership has been with respect to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 09:51 AM

75,834 posts, read 88,700,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No, I think Politico tries to be neutral. I've seen them run pieces that were critical of Democrats.
I find it hard you really believe that and harder you would admit it. Most people realize where Politico is coming from.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:58 AM

18,431 posts, read 16,956,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I predict CA will be one of the last states to face the writing on the wall and reopen to let the virus have it's way with us and develop herd immunity, which is probably the only actual solution.
Are you serious? Do you know how many people would have to become infected and how many would have to die to for us to develop herd immunity to COVID-19?

Old 04-03-2020, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 740 times
Default I'm strongly opposed to GN's beliefs but he's doing a great job

I'm conservative and strongly opposed to most of GN's policies but I have to admit he's doing a fantastic job regarding the CV crisis. Great leadership and clear understanding of all of the issues involved and great communication.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:57 PM

18,127 posts, read 8,590,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Still hate him. The press wasn't going to cover him any other way. Let's assume Newsom was Trump. If he acted early, he'd be blamed for overreacting and killing the economy. If he did nothing and somebody died, he'd be a murderer. Your political party determines what press coverage you get in any situation in this country and especially this state.

I see a guy who shutdown the gun stores, released criminals from prison, but kept the marijuana dispensaries and the abortion clinics open. Criminals loot the stores and nothing is done. He basically shutdown the state and an untold number of business will never reopen.

Let's see how the open borders/sanctuary state policy of his works out if/when the death count in Mexico starts to rise because of this virus. I'd expect unprecedented numbers of illegal aliens flooding across the border in need of medical care.
How about if all of the homeless encampments start spreading the infection? The guy still won't get any negative press coverage. I'm assuming that the press will still find a way to blame Trump.
I think perhaps he acted very early because of the homeless population. He’s afraid they would be the first to spread. They get first dab at testing then other people. You have to show symptoms to get tested here.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:58 PM

18,127 posts, read 8,590,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I find it hard you really believe that and harder you would admit it. Most people realize where Politico is coming from.
Yes it’s political, I don’t think the Michigan governor should be in that list.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:14 PM

1,911 posts, read 889,831 times
Bay Area always seems to be a country of their own.
Though it appears liberal parts of the country as well as the world happens to be the parts that are embracing heavy handed control measure on their population.

Though Galvin's own hometown just passed a sweeping measure like this.
news.yahoo.com/welcome-back-plastic-bags-202844728.html
politico.com/states/california/story/2020/04/01/its-come-to-this-liberal-san-francisco-bay-area-bans-reusable-grocery-bags-1270319

I am curious when Galvin Newsom would push this state wide but only while suspending fees for any type of bags either at the state level or local level including over 100 ordinances that were grandfathered in prior to SB270. And maybe letting stores order any type of bag that are available if their standard paper or thick plastic stash run short on supply.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:07 PM

7,358 posts, read 2,734,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I sincerely believe Politico is neutral and doesn't hesitate to hit both sides.

Example: https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...mpshire-114434

Old 04-03-2020, 07:54 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,198,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Are you serious? Do you know how many people would have to become infected and how many would have to die to for us to develop herd immunity to COVID-19?
Until they get the antibody tests they won't know truly how many have already been infected.

I'm not sure what the back up plan is. I think this IS the plan. The new normal at least into early 2021. No way things get opened up completely with 20-50,0000+ seat stadium and arena's filled without a vaccine or immunity from a large percentage of the population.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:47 PM

27,961 posts, read 30,454,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and many other very liberal publications, Politico is also very liberal and only gives high marks to Democrats, so consider the source.
If you bothered to read the article, it actually gave the highest marks to the governor of Ohio, who is a Republican.

You're not advancing your cause when you don't even bother to read an article before commenting on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles