Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 08:36 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
How nice for you that you have a large backyard to frolic in. Has it occurred to you that thousands of people live in apartments, condos, and townhouses with no private yard?
Of course not, it's the American mindset for many "all about me".

Maybe when the house goes into foreclosure due to the new Great Depression and job loss it will hit them.

Makes sense to see so many high end cars waiting in line for the food banks.

They drive a $40,000 car but are so strapped they can't buy groceries a month into this? Oh, that's right I will never get laid off, why put any savings side. After all only those who have restaurant and retail jobs lost theirs.

Yeah they're all living paycheck to paycheck. So not true, they live beyond their means and don't think twice about having an emergency fund.

Oh America, this is why the world laughs at us, and it isn't just because of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 08:38 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Try doing a little thinking, why is someone who isn't a doctor or a scientist pushing a vaccine? His own kids don't get vaccines.
Sea, you're getting a little over the top with this stuff. The Gates children have all been fully vaccinated.

https://africacheck.org/fbcheck/hoax...-own-children/

Old 04-30-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You mean like you linked your “second wave” post? Oh, wait, you didn’t. Do you read your own posts? Take your own advice? Why don’t you link a source that says it’s a 100% certainty that there will be a second, deadlier wave? Because you can’t. Use some common sense.

The “experts” have been wrong on this time and again. They don’t have any idea about a second wave, so maybe you should stop putting it out there like it’s fact. It isn’t. The experts don’t know crap about a “second wave”, but you go ahead with your fear mongering.

Since you brought up Trump, Newsom is cut from the same cloth. He’s a poor excuse for a leader and governor. Take his plan to start schools early. Sounds good. If he was a decent leader, he would have met with at least some of the school districts and the head of the teacher’s union. But no. Google ANY news article about his school program and you’ll find that the districts and the union were taken by surprise by his announcement. The districts say they won’t be able to get ready or it’s difficult. The union needs to renegotiate contracts. Newsom was too busy preening for his daily briefings to be bothered by something like actually leading.

Newsom is an empty suit. He has the title of governor, but he’s no leader.
Spot on, but too many morons can't get past their bias thinking one party or the other is to blame for this.

Sad really, some people are so blinded and to be real too ignorant to think clearly and remove from the equation who the leader is(and I use that word very loosely because we really don't have any like we used to) whether it is a Democrat or a Republican.

But some dummies won't question or be upset by what one party or the other does, if that is the party they voted for.

That's just brilliant Mike, announce a plan to open the schools without meeting with school district leaders......beyond brilliant. It's almost funny if this whole scenario weren't so tragic, due to the damage it has done to the economy and the people of CA.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Sea, you're getting a little over the top with this stuff. The Gates children have all been fully vaccinated.

https://africacheck.org/fbcheck/hoax...-own-children/
The deaths in India and Africa aren't over the top.

Stay asleep.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:53 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Spot on, but too many morons can't get past their bias thinking one party or the other is to blame for this.
This has nothing to do with political party. And in regard to that poster mentioning the second wave of the virus, there are multiple links posted on this thread about it. You appear to pick and chose what you want to believe.

Quote:
Stay asleep.
Um, right.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:05 AM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
That's just brilliant Mike, announce a plan to open the schools without meeting with school district leaders......beyond brilliant. It's almost funny if this whole scenario weren't so tragic, due to the damage it has done to the economy and the people of CA.
I am still scratching my head over Newsom can expect the schools to open in July when barber shops will have to stay closed for "many months."

I think he's just throwing a bone to desperate parents who are struggling to watch their children and work at home at the same time, while the kids are falling farther and farther behind academically. But when it gets to July, they'll be told to "hold on just a little longer." We can't "wreck it now." And this is for everyone's "health and safety," of course.

When August or September rolls around, I'll be shocked if schools actually open.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
It does have to do with political party, Democrats and the media ( same thing) are striving to keep this going as long as possible. That's why the constant every day, all day nothing but coverage by the media.
The Democrats have destroyed Trumps super economy and destroyed Americas freedom a long time dream of theirs. Now we have to look to goverment for substance another lifetime dream of Democrats.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:50 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Seain - you have made numerous comments about people being “obsessed” with this and living in “fear” ... yadda yadda yadda ... your posts reflect astounding obsession, yourself ... and your million references to “the riots of 92” reek of fear mongering. Days and days of this from you. And now the conspiracy theorizing from you is in full bloom ... along with accusations against others of selfishness and self-absorption, being “asleep” ... being “morons” ...

Wow. And Holy cow.

Along with your tsunami of bloviation, your posts are increasingly grammatically challenged. Maybe that’s from ‘auto-correct’? Whatever, you should proof your writing before you hit “send” ... and look up the difference between “then” and “than”.

Best wishes. Stay healthy. Be well. And chill bro.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I am still scratching my head over Newsom can expect the schools to open in July when barber shops will have to stay closed for "many months."

I think he's just throwing a bone to desperate parents who are struggling to watch their children and work at home at the same time, while the kids are falling farther and farther behind academically. But when it gets to July, they'll be told to "hold on just a little longer." We can't "wreck it now." And this is for everyone's "health and safety," of course.

When August or September rolls around, I'll be shocked if schools actually open.
Absolutely. I have a good friend who is a teaching assistant. She told me in her district there is no face to face online screen time between the teachers and students. Teacher sends out the work, and the students submit it back. This amounts to about 2 hours of school work for the day.

My friend admits she now sleeps in till around 10am, has to check emails daily and attend via Zoom staff meetings that are down to once a week.

The US is already lagging behind many other nations in regards to education.

Some school districts have already furloughed staff.

Others like LAUSD are paying all employees full salary and benefits, but that won't continue. It can't, while you can teach online, you don't need office staff, teaching assistants, cafeteria workers, etc. You also wouldn't need as many teachers.

Newsom is saying July, because that is when budgets are announced for the next academic year. So he must be thinking(well he actually doesn't think he schemes) that various districts will buy into this. They're not going to as there already is a backlash as he didn't have any communication with leaders from any district in announcing this decision to reopen the schools.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:11 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
How nice for you that you have a large backyard to frolic in. Has it occurred to you that thousands of people live in apartments, condos, and townhouses with no private yard?
No, not in the slightest.

Quote:
Bill Gates is banned from India due to what his vaccines did, in Africa women started hiding their children so they didn't wan then vaccinated after seeing what happened to the ones who did. These vaccines caused paralysis and death. This isn't conspiracy this is fact.
I am open minded on this. But it would be nice to have a link from credible sources showing facts.

Quote:
Bill Gates father was a eugenicist.
Meh, big deal. Virtually the entire Democrat Party and mainstream media (except the very Catholic Fox newsroom) are eugenicists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It does have to do with political party, Democrats and the media ( same thing) are striving to keep this going as long as possible. That's why the constant every day, all day nothing but coverage by the media. The Democrats have destroyed Trumps super economy and destroyed Americas freedom a long time dream of theirs. Now we have to look to government for substance another lifetime dream of Democrats.
I won't quite go so far as to say the Democrats destroyed Trump's super economy, but the fear of the pandemic did. The fear was helped along by the mainstream media's breathless coverage and daily death tote boards. I will say that the Democrats have taken to heart the "never let a crisis go to waste" philosophy and are using it to try and fundamentally change what little of "free America" is left.

Very few people understand what the U.S. was like before the Great Depression, and by that I mean the scope and responsibilities of the federal government. That crisis allowed Democrat FDR to implement long dreamed of Left/Progressive policies, most of which were called "temporary", but have never gone away. Some of the policies implemented were good, most were not and even the good ones have gone far beyond any scope ever dreamed of by their designers.

The Democrats in power now will use this crisis to push even more intrusive, freedom crushing policies.

I had hoped that a solid SCOTUS majority of justices who purportedly were only going to call balls and strikes could reverse some things, but so far Roberts and Kavanaugh are huge disappointments. I don't know if they are infected by DC Disease, the need to fit in in Washingtonian society, or it is a case of absolute power corrupting absolutely. In the recent Maui case Kavanaugh became a Super Legislator by rewriting what the law said instead of ruling on what Congress had written. A sign of more bad things to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles