Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 12:55 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We should already be reopened like rest of the country is. Stay at home was designed to flatten the curve, not to eliminate this virus. Time for all Americans to get back to work.
Yes, stay at home was intended to keep hospitals from getting overwhelmed, that is absolutely correct. However, the majority of the country is not fully open. States that have "opened" are doing it similarly (not exactly) to us--only 25% restaurant, some only allowing patios, encouraging work from home, etc etc. We have a larger population than many of these places, so I can see why ours may be handled differently. I can absolutely see LA having restaurant patios open by the end of the month--with severely reduced capacity--which is in line with the majority of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 05:17 PM

460 posts, read 232,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We are not under quarantine and stay at home order is basically voluntary. I am not seeing any police checkpoints checking everyone ID etc. You're welcome to stay at home, I and many like me will continue living our life the way we want.
It's funny how slave/lemming-mentality took such a strong hold in certain big CA cities. Many people have no concept of personal freedom at all and are willing to do whatever the sheepmasters tell them, completely un-grounded, unscientific and unjustifiable. They're the minority really. Across the country many understand what's happening and refuse this orwellian stuff. (good luck forcing them all, not going to happen). It's the majority, actually. The ones that believe in locking people up and surrendering freedoms for this manufactured covid-flu pandemic are a minority, the rest live their lives the way they want to. I mean it's pretty clear by now that the purpose of this pandemic or the way it's being exploited is power grabs worldwide and new world order.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:38 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
It's funny how slave/lemming-mentality took such a strong hold in certain big CA cities. Many people have no concept of personal freedom at all and are willing to do whatever the sheepmasters tell them, completely un-grounded, unscientific and unjustifiable. They're the minority really. Across the country many understand what's happening and refuse this orwellian stuff. (good luck forcing them all, not going to happen). It's the majority, actually. The ones that believe in locking people up and surrendering freedoms for this manufactured covid-flu pandemic are a minority, the rest live their lives the way they want to. I mean it's pretty clear by now that the purpose of this pandemic or the way it's being exploited is power grabs worldwide and new world order.
Stir stir stir the pot for your paycheck, comrade

Old 05-13-2020, 06:17 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,310,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
https://www.idea.int/news-media/news...covid-19-world
oneworld.press/?module=articles&action=view&id=1370
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ts-of-the-cor/
opendemocracy.net/en/openjustice/democracy-autocracy-covid-19-exposing-crisis-uk-constitution/
forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2020/04/12/how-the-covid-19-crisis-is-threatening-freedom-and-democracy-across-the-globe/#78e049064f16

The alarm is sounding all over the world we are in for a New World Autocratic order. Things that people thought could never happen especially in well established constitutional democracies.
Like with 9/11, more attacks down the road, shootings, and War against Drug, its nearly impossible to go back to normal. Instead we become what is a new normal. I.e The Patriots Act never gets expired, its no longer possible to get into not just airports but amusement parks and stadiums without extensive checks, and people's backgrounds are screened not just when applying for a job but to enter Canada as well and the digitalization that makes it impossible to put one's past behind you, i.e a small pot offense 30 years ago might haunt you forever. And these days they are planning on making the info accessible to governments around the globe just as with bank and tax info. Remember many countries' courts are extremely corrupt and may label innocents as guilty but at the same time let the dangerous ones run free.

I have the feeling that even before 9/11 many of these idealisms were already planned it just takes something to release them.

I do find interesting about the hypocrisy of our politicians on how originally Progressive Demcractics tend to prioritize their "Green" agenda and idealism over health and safety. Wanting to force a return to the era of reusable for all items that were developed "disposable" from hospital material to grocery items and straws that help keep our lips off cups that may not be cleaned well between uses by hundreds of people since the 1980s. But since COVID19 all of a sudden they push extreme unprecedented control measures on people in name of health and safety while their counterparts rebelled. Its funny how first they came for your paper bags, than they came for plastic bags, then they banned any type of free bag regardless of material, now they ban reusable bags, yes San Francisco, patient zero for all those previous movements, did this in April. In otherwords it seems they are all about controlling the sheep and keeping them inline.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-13-2020 at 06:29 PM..

Old 05-13-2020, 06:32 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The only reason there is a place to go out and get food is because people are working. The farmers, harvesters, processors, truckers, stockers, and cashiers that make food magically appear on shelves. The only reason there is internet and streaming and even electricity is because people are working. The power plant and other utility workers that make it run. 20% of the economy is "essential" workers that must go out so that you can quarantine at home. That amounts to enough people to ensure the virus has a large pool to infect.
If everybody gave it their best, from the beginning, then we could at least say we tried. But we couldn't even do that. And that is why I'm so pissed-off.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:38 PM

460 posts, read 232,236 times
This song got a whole new meaning these days

Old 05-13-2020, 09:29 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Stir stir stir the pot for your paycheck, comrade
Our Comrade, if he is such, is admittedly a bit flamboyant and shrill. But a useful point remains: there is a tradeoff in acceding to authority, such that authority protects us and enforces order... and finding said authority to be overweening, excessive and stifling. To dismiss objections with a curt retort of "comrade", is not exactly conducive to having one's point be taken seriously.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:41 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Our Comrade, if he is such, is admittedly a bit flamboyant and shrill. But a useful point remains: there is a tradeoff in acceding to authority, such that authority protects us and enforces order... and finding said authority to be overweening, excessive and stifling. To dismiss objections with a curt retort of "comrade", is not exactly conducive to having one's point be taken seriously.
Where did you learn to write English?

Old 05-13-2020, 10:36 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Where did you learn to write English?
I know. Horrible syntax.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:55 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles