Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 AM

58 posts, read 197,832 times

Advertisements

I am looking into housing in Burbank, I dont know much about it but the houses seem very nice and more affordable than other areas. Also, I was offered a job "near the entertainment studios" where is that? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,839,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanf813 View Post
Also, I was offered a job "near the entertainment studios" where is that? Thanks for any help.
Do you remember where you interviewed for the job? What is the street address of your new employer?

Old 04-26-2008, 07:42 AM

8 posts, read 55,816 times
Burbank is ugly. Just about anyplace in Los Angeles county is ugly. I work in Burbank and it's without a doubt the ugliest part of Los Angeles (and believe me, that's saying a lot!)

Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 AM

10,010 posts, read 9,436,016 times
Are you kidding? You obviously are not familiar with Los Angeles county. While Burbank has some run down areas, many parts are real nice. They have a great police department compared to LAPD.

But I guess you would choose Compton, Watts, Palmdale, Lancaster, Pacoima, East Los Angeles over Burbank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyROtten View Post
Burbank is ugly. Just about anyplace in Los Angeles county is ugly. I work in Burbank and it's without a doubt the ugliest part of Los Angeles (and believe me, that's saying a lot!)

Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,069,871 times
To answer the direct question, Burbank is a very nice area especially near the studios. The studios are near the Burbank/Universal City border. There are about four major studios near the Alamada/Olive/Riverside intersections. As well as two television stations. There are a lot of other entertainment companies in that area as well. If you want a "walkable" area, you want to be near the Mall.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 PM

14,530 posts, read 19,988,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanf813 View Post
I am looking into housing in Burbank, I dont know much about it but the houses seem very nice and more affordable than other areas.
Yeah, Burbank is a nice area with middle of the range housing expenses. Most of the neighborhoods are neat, tidy and well kept, and the nearby hills lend a bit of scenery to the area. It's also quite convenient to Hollywood and downtown, and nearby freeways provide handy access. There is plenty of shopping right in Burbank and plenty of good restaurants too. If you can find a house or apartment in your price range you should be quite happy there.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 PM

49 posts, read 199,899 times
Burbank is nice and safe. The downtown area has alot of stuff goin on.

I applaud the police for keeping the city safe. But at the same itime this has to be said.

Burbank Cops are *******s!

Last edited by Sakana; 04-26-2008 at 07:13 PM..

Old 04-26-2008, 07:36 PM

705 posts, read 3,289,210 times
Burbank is not part of the city of Los Angeles. So its not correct to say it's an ugly part of the city. Since I used to live in North Hollywood, which is next to Burbank, I would agree that it has its really beautiful and ugly sides. The 'Studios' can be seen from the 134 freeway so they are not hard to find. As far as entertainment and nightlife, Burbank has plenty of that and if youre not satisfied; Ventura Blvd, Universal city, and the rest of Los Angeles is a short drive away.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:35 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,163,893 times
Burbank is a very nice city for the most part.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:29 PM

85 posts, read 473,831 times
Default Just Moved From Burbank - born and raised there!

My husband and I just recently moved from the Burbank area to a suburb of Colorado. We relocated to raise our son in a more desirable area. My husband grew up in Burbank as his parents too. The town is NOTHING like it use to be, but no place is anymore. The crime is up, the immigration population is up, and the traffic is terrible. I worked 2.5 miles from our home in Burbank and to commute it took me 20 minutes. To some that's not bad but the frustation of additional traffic, houses being torn down for big apartment complexs it's just won't get any better. The location of Burbank is great as it's 20 minutes in all directions of fun things; Griffth park, Hollywood, Pasadena, Glendale...

I will however say that compared to Los Angeles, it's nicer. If you plan to raise a family expect to send them to private school. The schools are over populated and the majority doesn't speak english so those nonminority, english speaking students suffer. You can't go to Costco on a Weekend without it taking 3 hours to do general shopping of an hours worth.

I've experienced Burbank to be on the borderline of 'trash'. My husband and I took the evening out without our son to experience an extreme amount of disrespect for the city itself. A young teenager finished his Big-Gulp and proceeded to throw his cup into a planter bed vs. a trash can. Very gross. This is just one slight example to explain the downward spiral the city is going in. You can't go out unless your with the 'senior citizen' crowd otherwise you'll have to wait at minimum 45 minutes. Parking uptown is horrific!! It's just getting over crowded, the police department can't keep up with the increasing gang activity, and it's getting more dirty by the day.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles