Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 02:34 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-thanksgiving/

If LAUSD does the same thing, that probably would short-circuit the wave. Just like in hindsight it seemed to do early last year.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:56 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
One paddleboarder in Malibu was arrested on a misdemeanor charge, at the very beginning of the stay at home order, over 2 1/2 years ago. You engage in so much hyperbole, it's astounding. The lockdowns were over in 2020. Move on.
Speaking of moving on, I wondered where you and GH parked. Good to see ya, I guess. Is LA still pushing the "mask mandates"? Good lord. It's like watching reruns of old westerns.....

Are any businesses in LA still playing "the game"? I'll swing by in a month or two to see how ya'all are doing with this "covid" thingy. Peace.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:39 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Is LA still pushing the "mask mandates"? Good lord. It's like watching reruns of old westerns.....

Are any businesses in LA still playing "the game"?
The mandate was lifted in February. https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...ask-mandate-2/

Old 11-26-2022, 01:47 PM

I got a rep comment that wrongly accused me of being as bad as someone else....

Anyway, I know a nearby small business that has a sign that encourages masks by way of "appreciation." Customers probably loiter in there, within an old building, making that a very good idea.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:38 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,111,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The mandate was lifted in February. https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...ask-mandate-2/
It was seriously threatened to return a few months ago. And, we still have the neurotics and the communists screaming from the top of their lungs demanding a return of the mandate. But, yes, as of this writing, masks are just "strongly recommended".

Old 11-27-2022, 12:09 PM

Their purpose is to control disease. They were designed to do that regardless of people's demands for the democratic process. Health is more important to well-being than the ego of feeling heard is.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:11 PM

Anyway, getting back to what this thread is supposed to be about, the paranoia was justified. Joggers, which this city has maybe more of in winter than anywhere else, can spread COVID-19.
https://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/articl.../ccdcw2022.209

Old 11-28-2022, 05:43 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,564,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
The simple fact of the matter is, until the Covid zealots get punched in the face, repeatedly, they will continue to seek domination of the citizens they regard as so utterly stupid as to be unworthy of participation in their own governance. I have a great sense of pride watching the Chinese citizens finally stepping up and punching back.
Eh, no one needs to be punched in the face. For all extensive purposes, it's over. There will be people that will be traumatized for the rest of their lives and want to argue about this for years to come. There will be people that will continue to wear a mask until they die. For some, that may be a necessity due to health concerns, and that's ok (no one should be judgmental of them for it). Ultimately, it's up to you skyway. You can waste time engaging in the topic (and there will always be someone that will engage back) or you can just move on and live your life. I occasionally see a topic like this and throw in my two cents. But I don't spend every waking hour worrying about it or arguing about it. There's no need as the vast majority of the U.S. currently have no restrictions in play, people have moved on and that's a good thing. These types of threads are dwindling and at some point, people won't even waste time engaging with people that want to argue about it.

Ironically, the employer I left due to the severe requirements they put in play are still desperate to get staff after so many left (in addition to requiring the vaccine, they were going to monitor booster shots). One of my buddies asked if I would consider going back (she still works there). I simply said if they assured me they were stopping with the nonsense, I would consider it but am doing just fine on my on and don't regret my decision at all. It's my life to live the way I want, and I encourage others to live the way they want (and that includes those who want to vax up forever and wear a mask).

Last edited by blameyourself; 11-28-2022 at 07:05 AM..

Old 11-28-2022, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Anyway, getting back to what this thread is supposed to be about, the paranoia was justified. Joggers, which this city has maybe more of in winter than anywhere else, can spread COVID-19.
https://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/articl.../ccdcw2022.209

Why so many covid 19 cases and deaths in LA County

Who knew? It was the joggers. And I thought it was the paddle boarders.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:12 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,111,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Eh, no one needs to be punched in the face. For all extensive purposes, it's over. There will be people that will be traumatized for the rest of their lives and want to argue about this for years to come. There will be people that will continue to wear a mask until they die. For some, that may be a necessity due to health concerns, and that's ok (no one should be judgmental of them for it). Ultimately, it's up to you skyway. You can waste time engaging in the topic (and there will always be someone that will engage back) or you can just move on and live your life. I occasionally see a topic like this and throw in my two cents. But I don't spend every waking hour worrying about it or arguing about it. There's no need as the vast majority of the U.S. currently have no restrictions in play, people have moved on and that's a good thing. These types of threads are dwindling and at some point, people won't even waste time engaging with people that want to argue about it.
The only way it's not over, of course, is if it's, you know, not over. In Los Angeles County, it's not over: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/n...inue-to-surge/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles